Left for dead 2 and Bt homehub

Associate
Ok I've trawled through the bowels of the intertubes looking for a similar problem that I get, to no avail. I know that the homehub aint a great router but its all I have.

So I can play LFD2 fine for sometime then my net dies. The router dies and only a restart seems to kick the net back into life. No whats weird is that its not just my PC. It seems to kill the whole net connection for everyother device, console, phone etc.

Associate
OP
Nope wired and steams not been downloading anything when its happened. Its weird as the router becomes flat out dead, no blinking lights nada. Its only lfd2 it happens on, if it was with other games I'd point my finger towards the router. But its not, also I have opened all the ports for steam to use so its not being blocked.

Whats funny is that sometimes it happens and sometimes I can play it fine all night. Its a real puzzle to me. I dont have access to any other spare router so I cant test that out.

Might look at getting one though.

Associate
OP
Hmm it does not happen very often in the server browser. It seems to happen more when Im in game. I'll certainly try lowering my steam connection speed and see if that works. Thanks for the help all.

Associate
OP
I get the same thing - had it with L4D1 and L4D2. Having connected to a server, I'll be playing for about a minute then I'll hear a big 'click' noise on the homehub... next thing all the lights flash on the hub and it basically reboots itself. Once it reboots and I start playing again, it'll normally be okay.

I have an old homehub, this one...
90px-BT_Home_Hub.JPG

Yup same one.

Back
Top Bottom