Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Gen 2 Workstation Dock

Associate
Hello

I am after some advice please. I currently have a Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Gen 2 Dock with a 230W Power supply in my office for my Lenovo P53 laptop. It works well but I want to order another dock to use at home.

I like the 230W as it also charges the laptop so no need to plug the charger in separately.

My question is, are there other docks compatible with this laptop? and what one would be recommended?

I used the Thunderbolt 3 gen 2 because work supplied it but it might not be my best option for home.

Thank you in advance.

John

Soldato
Depends what you need in terms of screen res output, connectivity and power delivery. Nothing wrong with the Lenovo Dock.

Cheaper ones and some alternatives can either require a separate power supply or not supply sufficient wattage so you end up spending more anyway.

I have a c£40 Ugreen 4k/8k dual HDMI mini hub/dock with PD pass through so can hook up to either Power Supply or Power Bank. Otherwise use monitors with inbuilt Thunderbolt Docks and PD which for fixed workstations are the way to go and neaten up the desk.

Back
Top Bottom