Leopard coming soon?

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just wanted to let people know..

Apple has seeded the latest beta of Leopard to developers (the second since the Macworld Expo) which is usually an indication that it's imminent

Also (for a bit of a teaser), under known bugs it lists "none" ;)

The recent beta has fixed over 40+ bugs which is a good thing!

Soldato
Hmm.. I can't seem to see it.. how odd :(

I hope it's a lot better than the last seeded build. Apple's bug and fix list in the seed notes are a bit of a joke though, so I wouldn't take too much notice of them :)

Soldato
I would like to point out that apple hasnt released to us or developers a version with all the features they have claimed are 'top secret' so that means when they decide to announce it they will still have to bug test all the other features which no one has yet seen.

Soldato
unknowndomain said:
I would like to point out that apple hasnt released to us or developers a version with all the features they have claimed are 'top secret' so that means when they decide to announce it they will still have to bug test all the other features which no one has yet seen.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if these 'top secret' features don't exist. If they are anything major then people would need to be testing their code now with these new things in place. You might think that any changes they make will be backwards compatible but there's currently an awful lot of software that doesn't run properly on Leopard. Stuff from big companies is effected as well as small ones, and Leopard is just Tiger with Time Machine and Spaces dropped into the Applications folder at the moment ;)

Caporegime
I can't wait for Apple to continue their trend of making each new Mac OS release run faster than the last one. My machines feel fast enough but anything extra is always welcome.

Permabanned
I still think Mail looks better in Panther as well. With Tiger they seemed to fall into the trap of changing things for the sake of it. (MS have just fallen into the same trap with some of the things they've done in Vista, but I digress.) I am curious to know just what the deal is with Leopard :)

Permabanned
EVH said:
Just wanted to let people know..

Apple has seeded the latest beta of Leopard to developers (the second since the Macworld Expo) which is usually an indication that it's imminent

Also (for a bit of a teaser), under known bugs it lists "none" ;)

The recent beta has fixed over 40+ bugs which is a good thing!

Where did you get this from? The blurb i've been reading on various Mac sites is saying that its 10.4.9 that has "none" for bugs and 40+ fixes.

Are you sure you've not been reading about the Tiger updates?

Soldato
stuppy said:
Where did you get this from? The blurb i've been reading on various Mac sites is saying that its 10.4.9 that has "none" for bugs and 40+ fixes.

Are you sure you've not been reading about the Tiger updates?

I think you might be right there, there's been a few 10.4.9 updates seeded lately. I hope they seed and let me test the 802.11n update at some point :)

Soldato
I don't really see how they can improve on OSX to be honest. Except the obivous performance tuning, there is nothing that is missing from the OS in my opinion. Time Machine? Gimmick if you ask me. Obviously having a great OS that is nearly perfect does not make the shareholders happy, so these releases are inevitable. Im in no rush to pick up leopard. The only reason I would get it is for the full bootcamp support.

Back
Top Bottom