Lets hear your weird and wonderful voices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I remember doing a thread like this a while ago but I think it was lost in the big nuke. The idea is to hear your voices and various accents from all over the place.

Record yourself reading the following script and post it in this thread.

Hi, my name is (put your name here) and this is my (region) accent. I think (insert forum member name here) is sexy. (Add a common colloquial phrase to the end if you wish)

Here is mine :D

So come on, lets hear yours.

Man of Honour
OP
"Fancy headin' up the road fir a wee jar?"

A translation to English would be "Would you like to go to the local public house to indulge in an alcoholic beverage, preferably a pint?"

Soldato
fancy heading up the road for a wee jar?

My accent wouldn't be too far of Scuzi's to be honest, though I'm a Belfast man.

Man of Honour
OP
Come on! Less typing, more speaking!

Tony, my Belfast spidey accent is scarily realistic but I'm not brave enough to post my impression on the net. :D

"Hi Sassage, I'll gat ayre Gerry fir ye an' he'll knack yer melt in"

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Come on! Less typing, more speaking!

Tony, my Belfast spidey accent is scarily realistic but I'm not brave enough to post my impression on the net. :D

"Hi Sassage, I'll gat ayre Gerry fir ye an' he'll knack yer melt in"

lol :D

Born and raised in Belfast until the age of 10, then moved to Bangor, so I don't have a thick accent, although I'm sure to a lot of Englanders we would sound very similar. ;)

Man of Honour
OP
If you need it hosted mail it to me (click sig)

Doohickey said:
Irish accents (northern and southern) are lovely. I could speak to an Irishman or woman all day and not get bored.

My accent is the only thing I've got going for me when on the pull :D

Soldato
Scuzi said:
If you need it hosted mail it to me (click sig)

My accent is the only thing I've got going for me when on the pull :D

At least you've got that! I've got a half Stokie accent, for which I thank god I don't have a full Stokie accent. I got nothing :o

Luckily I can't subject anyone to it, I don't have a mic :p

Man of Honour
Makes me wonder, what would happen if you configured a dictator program for a queens english clean accent and then had a strong northern or Irish accent speak into it. I bet it'd chuck out crazy words :D

Man of Honour
OP
Zefan said:
Makes me wonder, what would happen if you configured a dictator program for a queens english clean accent and then had a strong northern or Irish accent speak into it. I bet it'd chuck out crazy words :D

I am such a machine. I can attempt NI colloquial speech in a posh English accent.

Man of Honour
OP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom