Letter from VirginMedia.... Outrageous ?

Associate
http://postimg.org/image/78fyntrr1/

Has anyone had anything like this from them before?

Received this letter this morning from Virgin Media.
few things to point out.... It isn't Miss.... Its Mrs , You've been told over 10times to address this and had 2 copies of marrige certificates.
I'm not a third party- As you full well know I am Mr Winter...

I wasn't physically abusive NOR verbally... I did however ask your so called engineer to leave after she thought unplugging the co-ax and plugging it back in 5times would fix an issue I've had for 7years.

This is MY house and If I ask someone to leave because

A - I was promised a manager/senior engineer and got someone who didn't know red from blue.
B - She spoke to me like I was some moron that knew nothing about PCs or connections.....

I asked her to leave AFTER she used the phrase.... I'm not physic... after a simple do you think unplugging that and just plugging it back in will fix the issue that actually lies with the cables under the road...

Any comments ? I've put in an order with Sky in the time being.

Associate
OP
Basically this issue has been on-going for 7 years..
Everytime they come out they feed me just a little more rubbish. I wasn't rude or abusive past the fact I asked her to leave because she was unable to fix the problem and was wasting my time and her own/companys.

2 managers came around on monday just gone and told me there was no issue at all and I was simply being STM'd... and had been since the very start. Now STM shouldn't cause DC's ALL day every day and I would have thought I would have had a letter downloading too much... (When I asked I was told I download around 80gb per month) .. but It wasn't my downloads causing the STM it was the Upload.... !!!!!!
You know the 1.6mb upload that I never use as I've no reason to other than the odd picture shrunk for forums... =/

Associate
OP
The only reason I have remained with Virgin through this is simply because ADSL services in my area are around 1mb and that dont fit with my current needs.

Apologies for making MY house so stand out - but I pay the bills. I too have had engineers out for TV issues and internet not relating to this and they've been fantastic. However I'm 90% sure as are Virgin Media Swansea ( Techs ) that this is a cable unground from house to box... and I'm guessing they are messing me about simply because its too big a job for one customer.

The engineer that came on Friday gone, was quite simply useless. She put on power restrictors that the managers removed on monday because they wasn't needed and would only make it worse I was told.
I asked the Engineer to leave because it was like speaking to one of there techs in India..basically doing the same thing over and over ... I'm sure this will sit just fine with some but I have trouble sitting there whilst I can be doing other things.

Where do I stand with the I must not be in the house when they come ? Its obviously my house and the PC they need to use is mine, and I wont be allowing them to use that If I am not supervising them.....

Associate
OP
Read the letter and It seems although the engineer may or may not have know what they are going on about, you must have said something rude/insulting to get her nerve up enough to report it.

Having a quick browse through your recent posts you seem to have a slight attitude / keyboard warrior problem.. so I can believe it.

Whilst on the surface they appear bad.. I can assure you I wasn't the only one nor was I speaking out of context.
That was quite a few years ago too - I've matured a great deal since then.

Associate
OP
I am not going to apologise for asking someone to leave my house...
I wasn't rude nor swearing - My wife and my 2yo son was both in the room and if remotely rude my wife would have gave me a telling off..

Associate
OP
I know I'd be pretty on edge if a customer was watching my every move and after seemingly a few minutes of restarting equipment asking me to leave...

Thats the thing. She wasn't restarting anything... Just unplugging the co-ax... plugging it back in.. Unplugging... plugging back in.

With regards to the strange house, I can understand that but I'm not going to leave the room they are in as they are also strangers to me/wife/son who we dont/cant trust to a degree.

Associate
OP
MrBell -
Its happening with every device in the house. I have had them provide new cables / fittings from the ground level up. Everything that can be addressed has been.... Leaving only the cable from my house to box left.
Everything that can be replaced has been including routers RJ45s.. etc. This DC issue happens over wire or wifi.

Associate
OP
For those not reading every post. 7 years because ADSL is not really an option given the average speed of 1mb is far to slow.
She wasn't fit and given my wife is 7months pregnant and I have a lovely son of 2 already I am not interested.

I have just spoken to VM - Who have informed me that for me to be able to leave they require 12months payment... and the 30days notice...

Associate
OP
Lol :D

Should have just let her get on with her job and escalated it if she couldn't fix it, instead you were being a tool about it. The problem may have existed for x amount of time, but you should have been escalating it over the course of this time, not leaving it and whining about it. Who has a problem for 7 years with a service and continues to pay for said service without doing anything about it?

Also they can't demand 12 months payment unless you've taken out a new contract with them, have you? After 7 years your contract should be up, so you should be free to leave any time you want.

Apparently we Signed.... a contract a couple of months ago which as you can guess we didn't...
with regards to me being a tool I wasnt.. Thats the thing! I maintain the fact I was annoyed - yes because I was promised the area manager... but I was in NO way rude unless you consider me asking her to leave my home rude because it was clear she couldn't fix the isuse. She took the hump and now this. I am considering contacting a legal rep to see where I can go with this. I have been promised compensation on every telephone call when the problem is sorted so they can look back at the time spent on it... but given the current timescale any reimbursment may prove as difficult as getting this fault fixed :(

Associate
OP
this is my dilemma now ... they claiming we signed/agreed to a new contract. can we ask for proof of this ? because virgin say this was done via a telephone call and no pen and paper.
Also in the letter we write, we will pay for signed for next day... and ask for them to write back within X amount of days. Given this problem what is a reasonable amount of days to ask for a reply by ?

Associate
OP
I suspect we are not getting the full picture.

May I ask why ? to be honest I could fill up 5-6 posts with this ongoing sega to give people the full story... but I've just shortened it into snippets.

I genuinely was not being rude. Infact whilst I admire the company sticking up for staff you would expect them to find out my/wifes side too before jumping to conclusions. It comes across and more delaying tactics =/

Associate
OP
I own my house and its paid for with my and my wifes hard earned cash thank you very much.
That suggesting I am on benefits is very insulting and also implies those on benefits deserve less rights .. hmmm

Back
Top Bottom