1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lexmoto opinions

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by hornetstinger, Sep 18, 2018.

1. iamdjdz

Mobster

My first bike was a Superbyke 125. It was great and very reliable until the throttle cable siezed on it a year into ownership. Back in those days I paid little attention to cleaning and rode in all weathers. Was particularly pretty but it was transport and I dropped it at low speed twice with no damage. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for street cred though.

2. Sin_Chase

Capodecina

Cut my teeth on a Varedero 125. One of the few full dimensioned 125s you can get. Solid choice. The V-Twin is smooth but don't even start thinking engine configuration is going to make any difference across the 4 strokes. Learner legal 125 are pretty much all the same.

As for not wanting second hand - don't be silly. A brand new 125 is an epic waste of money for something you'll want to get off and onto something larger ASAP.

As has been said multiple times - Buy 2nd hand Jap. All 125s are ridden hard, the throttle is fully wound to the stop at all times when getting up to speed. 125s in standard learner legal form do not have highly strung and sensitive engines. They are restricted and will just keep going.

3. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I loved my 125 Varadero. Nearly new when I bought it, I sold it for a profit a year later thanks to supply issues following the tsunami in Japan.

4. Whiffrichards

Associate

I have recently taken purchase of a 2020 lexmoto assault and for £1400 it's a bloody steal.
    My dad has been riding bikes all his life and has currently got a BMW f800gt, he didn't trust the Chinese bikes and tried to get me to buy a second hand jap bike.
    But after getting it I'm glad I'm the only owner and know how it's been ridden and looked after.. narrow minded people say their bad.. but having no experience

5. Diddums

Capodecina

Glad you like it, but don't kid yourself, they're not even in the same ballpark as the jap stuff. It'll treat you well provided you take good care of it. Clean it regularly in winter to keep the salt at bay and it'll be fine. Keep a few quid aside for repairs (which it is very likely to need, it's mainly small stuff like clutch cables, chains, seals, etc) and you're good to go.

Congrats on the bike, enjoy :)

6. tom_e

Man of Honour

Come back in a year and let us know how it's going. Everything's great when it's brand new.

7. Whiffrichards

Associate

I will be doing my full test soon as I've got the money ‍♂️ only mean to keep the bike for 6 months. Will be a bloody good bike for that time

8. Malt_Vinegar

Don

That's about the only time it makes sense.
    Look after it and it will certainly last a few years, but they do not keep well in British weather if they are ever left outside for sure.

I have worked on a couple of Chinese bikes, rebuilt one from a wreck, and fixed a couple that I sold on or worked on for mates.

I now only own jap stuff :D

It should last you well for 6months, but it will have very low resale, compared to buying a jap bike for the same money, which would likely sell for the same you bought it.

9. Avalon

Soldato

People have very justified opinions based on direct personal experience, that you choose to ignore it is one thing, that you think you know better after 5 minutes ownership when it’s sunny is as funny as it is stupid.

Enjoy your bike and be safe :)

10. Whiffrichards

Associate

My bike is kept in a locked garage under a cover next to my dad's Suzuki and BMW so no chance of it