lexmoto

Soldato
Well they are, the missus works for Honda bikes. Regardless of opinions on quality, the kids are buying them and buying a lot! They sell more bikes than all the other manufacturers, of course they will all be worried.
More bikes... or just more 125s?
2nd hand 125s are always in demand anyway and these crappy cheapy ones don't sound like they'll make it to resale, but if you're buying a proper big bike, you don't wanna be trusting your life to a naff one...

Our local Honda say they mostly sell new 125s to adults wanting commuter rides. Kids buy reliable 2nd hand, which mostly means Honda and Yamaha (esp CG, R125 and SR), occasionally something like a VanVan.
They don't appear to be that worried...

Soldato
I worked at a Suzuki dealership for 7 years, anything chinese that came through the door was kicked straight back out. They are piles of cack, everything about them, the electrics, build quality and monkey metal bolts. Not worth even looking at them, one bad winter and it will bio degrade in front of your eyes.

Soldato
+1,
Although, I don't recommend KTM... made in Indian, same quality as Chinese, if not worse :p

The country of manufacture doesn't really mean anything. Some Japanese bikes are made in China, and some in India, but the difference is they have a reasonable level of quality control enforced by the parent company. The no-name Chinese clones could be assembled on the pavement by a 10 year old (and probably are to be fair).

Soldato
OP
More bikes... or just more 125s?
2nd hand 125s are always in demand anyway and these crappy cheapy ones don't sound like they'll make it to resale, but if you're buying a proper big bike, you don't wanna be trusting your life to a naff one...

Our local Honda say they mostly sell new 125s to adults wanting commuter rides. Kids buy reliable 2nd hand, which mostly means Honda and Yamaha (esp CG, R125 and SR), occasionally something like a VanVan.
They don't appear to be that worried...

125's and 50's and of course, new bikes only.

Your local Honda dealer can believe what they want, she works for Honda HQ for bikes and believe me, they are concerned. lexmoto have taken second spot in all 50 & 125 sales in a matter of a few years.

I am not taking sides here, just presenting facts and looking for opinions. :)

Man of Honour
Unfortunately like most things if you can drag the kids in with shiny stuff like built in bluetooth speakers then it doesn't matter if it's been built by a blind one armed toddler and stuck together with porridge it will sell.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The country of manufacture doesn't really mean anything. Some Japanese bikes are made in China, and some in India, but the difference is they have a reasonable level of quality control enforced by the parent company. The no-name Chinese clones could be assembled on the pavement by a 10 year old (and probably are to be fair).

I'm not interested in 125's anymore, they're all the same... well apart from the Chinese ones as they're the worst, but overall all are crap tbh. Out of the choice there is, I would probably go for WR125 or MT125...

But since, I'm in the middle of doing my license, I can now get bikes which are of good quality (made in Japan :D)

Soldato
I'm not interested in 125's anymore, they're all the same... well apart from the Chinese ones as they're the worst, but overall all are crap tbh. Out of the choice there is, I would probably go for WR125 or MT125...

But since, I'm in the middle of doing my license, I can now get bikes which are of good quality (made in Japan :D)

Hey, don't diss the CBF125 :p

Soldato
I am not taking sides here, just presenting facts and looking for opinions. :)
And that's what you're getting - Local dealership opinions, as well as mine.

If Honda HQ are fretting that some cheap disposable crap is undermining their long-standing reputation and product quality, that's their problem and perhaps they ought to go pick up their game, or drop their prices a bit, then.

I still think they're flapping over nothing...

Back
Top Bottom