LG 40WP95C-W

Soldato
OP
I got one directly in the end, it’s a fantastic monitor, having the higher PPI in an ultrawide is a dream come true.

It’s looks fantastic, as I spend 8 hours a day coding and only a few hours a week gaming, the features of this label suited me much more than the new oled everyone is excited about.

Associate
Nice feedback @geekyEd . May day is pretty much same as yours - 8 hours a day in VS Code, command terminals and browsers. Have you had to upscale text to e.g. 150% to make more readable, or scale text in-app? You been able to work OK with multiple windows side-by-side, e.g. VS Code in middle with other apps either side, how have you found laying your workspace out?

So you are playing games on it too? With refresh at 72hz, how are you finding it? What you playing on it? Thanks for all the insight!

Soldato
If only it had a higher refresh rate, this would be my perfect monitor. Even 120Hz would do, surely such screens have to be coming?

Soldato
OP
Nice feedback @geekyEd . May day is pretty much same as yours - 8 hours a day in VS Code, command terminals and browsers. Have you had to upscale text to e.g. 150% to make more readable, or scale text in-app? You been able to work OK with multiple windows side-by-side, e.g. VS Code in middle with other apps either side, how have you found laying your workspace out?

So you are playing games on it too? With refresh at 72hz, how are you finding it? What you playing on it? Thanks for all the insight!
Sorry I missed your reply the first time.

I use magnet on macOS to layout my desktop, it’s no different from my old smaller UW.

So far I have just been playing civ, but I have no problems playing fps casually on 60fps. I’ve done it for 20 years. :D

Soldato
I use magnet on macOS to layout my desktop, it’s no different from my old smaller UW.
Are you able to use this at native resolution (on MacOS and Windows) or do you have to scale it to make text readable? I currently have a 34" Ultrawide and apprecaite the fact that it's usable at native resolution (3440x1440) without resorting to scaling.

I've a similar use case to others on this thread in that I spend a lot of time with code/browsers/productivity apps open for development/networking so would appreciate the large screen size and resolution of a monitor like this.

What kind of Mac are you using to connect to it by the way?

Back
Top Bottom