LG C1 the best 55" for £1300?

Caporegime
I would only send it back for banding if it was really noticeable in content, some people have found it settles down a bit after some use also.

Not got much time atm but if you search the issue there are certain scenes from films and TV shows that will highlight whether it's a "real" problem for your set.

Just gave it a test in the pitch black with some youtube greyscale/banding videos and i'm really impressed! I am normally mega picky and anal about this sort of thing (sent countless LED/QLEDS, even high end ones back, because of god awful backlight behaviour/haloing/uniformity etc), but any issues with this are almost imperceptible. As you say, i'm sure its there to some degree, but the uniformity of this one seems very very good.

Good lord i love OLEDs. Its a delight when the scene/backdrop is black...and it actually goes black! Never going back to anything backlight. All the local dimming areas in the world don't fix the inherent issue with that tech.

Soldato
they have the same number of hdmi ports (4) just only two of them are 2.1 (4K 120hz VRF capable).

you would need a new Xbox, PlayStation and gaming rig to need more than two.

edit: you won’t need the firestick. The webos is very quick and slick.
Depends on which xbox too, I've gone for an amp with only 1 2.1 port as I "only" have a series s which I doubt would do anything at 4k 120 (although guess it won't do VRR either due to the lack of tye port). I'm keeping the 2.1 for the ps5 Santa's bringing me:D.

Associate
Anyone after the c1 John Lewis are doing the 48,55 and 65 with £200 using code lgoled. Makes the 48 £800 and 55 £999

Back
Top Bottom