Lg c9 owners

Soldato
Check out the first review, it's no good. Buy a certified cable.

Any old HDMI is fine for 1080p. Pushing 4k120 requires a lot of bandwidth and a decent cable.

HDTVTest used the TrueHQ HDMI 2.1 cable and worked perfectly doing 120hz @ 4K & VRR.

I picked up a club3D 2.1 cable but have yet to test it due to lack of cards being available.

I can also confirm this cable works doing 4k120. Not tested gsync because lack of firmware, but now they've released it I'll get around to updating my monitor at some point I guess :D

Note: I have the 3m cable, so I can only assume the 2m also works.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP

HDTVTest used the TrueHQ HDMI 2.1 cable and worked perfectly doing 120hz @ 4K & VRR.

I picked up a club3D 2.1 cable but have yet to test it due to lack of cards being available.

I have that cable next to me but its too short for what I need ill give it a try as full dolby keeps cutting out and have to use 7.1

Associate
You can see the bandwidth being used by going into the menu and selecting programmes

Hit 1 multiple times and it will bring a menu up. Select hdmi on the right and you can see it (you times the number by 3)

I reckon (I'm no expert in this ) that the reason it works intermittently is it's on the limit of the bandwidth the cable can handle and blacks out when it exceeds it.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
You can see the bandwidth being used by going into the menu and selecting programmes

Hit 1 multiple times and it will bring a menu up. Select hdmi on the right and you can see it (you times the number by 3)

I reckon (I'm no expert in this ) that the reason it works intermittently is it's on the limit of the bandwidth the cable can handle and blacks out when it exceeds it.

Tried spamming 1 no menu ?

Associate
I've taken a punt on the TrueHQ HDMI 2.1 cable which arrives tomorrow and see if it copes with 4k 120 & Gsync.
If not, the local takeaway place has SANDSTROM Gold Series S3HDM419 in stock but it's an eye watering £50. The belkin are comparatively priced to.

Soldato
Apparently so although it's going to be cable dependant. I'm still getting it with my current cable at 4k/120hz. Have a new cable coming tomorrow to test.

I've ordered a new cable with my 3090, hopefully works ok https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unitek-Premium-Monitor-Blu-ray-Players-Black/dp/B07WSWK91N

We're now seeing all these issues because manufacturers have produced receivers, TV's and cables without being able to actually test them - so that "hdmi 2.1" cable may not actually support the required bandwidth.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Associate
Just a heads up, the TrueHQ HDMI 2.1 Cable from Amazon also doesn't work with GSync and anything over 60Hz and 10 Bit

Going to try the Sandstrom from the curry house. I'd have gone with Belkin but they don't have it in stock locally

Soldato
You can do 4k / 120hz on cards that arent 3000 series, you just have to drop colour down to 4.2.0. Just a FYI if you are waiting for a new card and want to play at that resolution.

I noticed this yesterday when the tv gave me the option to vsync at 4k 120hz after I installed the 05.00.03 update

LG never said they would enable chroma sub sampled 4k 120hz, thought only the CX would have that but it's a nice surprise. Now give us Freesync too

Soldato
I noticed this yesterday when the tv gave me the option to vsync at 4k 120hz after I installed the 05.00.03 update

LG never said they would enable chroma sub sampled 4k 120hz, thought only the CX would have that but it's a nice surprise. Now give us Freesync too

Its actually gave me pause to upgrade my graphics card now, but its great playing at 4k and 120hz for games that my card can keep up with!

Associate
Ok.. Tried the Sandstrom 4k Ultra 3m cable today. Slightly better but still getting flickering at 4K 120Hz with and without Gsync.
That 4 cables tested now. I'm wondering if this update has quite fixed the issue on the TV side.

Has anyone successfully managed 4k 120Hz with no flickering?

Back
Top Bottom