LG DM2780D 27" 3D monitor

Ouch.

That's a little steep for passive glasses!

Hopefully that will come down soon.

May send them (another) email asking if those would be correct glasses for LD DM2780D, and if the prices may drop...

I feel sorry for anyone for whom 3D was the primary reason for purchasing the DM2780D.

It was my primary reason :)

Got a lovely 2560x1440 IPS screen for plain old 2D :)

Wow.

You know, I am glad you got sorted, but to say we "suck" because we weren't able to, makes me wish I could suspend you myself.

The first thing I did was phone.

You may have found it easy, but that's the whole problem here - some people in LG know what the hell they are doing and others don't. It seems the majority DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

And I am also hassling them more than I normally would, because I want to make sure that other people don't have to jump through hoops like some of us have.

It's go nothing to do with how good or bad one's english is - it's just pure pot luck who you speak to.

Forgot to say, decided to get in touch with Amazon as well, and I got to say, I love their customer service. They were aware of the issue (probably thanks to Lee :) ), and said would have sent replacement straight off had they had stock in, but they said they would be following up with LG on the matter.

Whether or not they do remains to be seen, but at least I felt like I was heard.

With any luck, the new IPS 3D monitors will be out before I have a satisfactory resolution and maybe Amazon will give me a trade in towards one of them :)

Mind if I link to the pics in the first post?

Might be easier if I link people to it and they don't have to look for it.

Will let Amazon and LG know where the mistake was.

Thanks

I have mine sorted now. But there are many who don't.

And there are many who I am sure are not aware and are putting up with substandard 3D experience.

So have sent off a letter to watchdog. I think LG should be making more effort to contact purchasers of affected units, and also to make clearer to both their staff and customers that there are 2 kinds of glasses (at least).

Yeah, I like it.

I have not tried active shutter (and didn't want to) so I can not compare it, but the 3D is good.

Despite having high res Hazro display, I always want to play Skyrim on this in 3D :)

Everything just feels so flat when I go back to 2D :)

The only problem in all of this is LG's handling of the glasses issue.

Many will complain it's half res, etc, but at no point have I felt it looked crap. I don't sit right up close though. About 1m to 1.5m.

Must say, from my use of them so far, I don't feel like they are an inferior product.

Everything looks as good and sharp as it did with my home-made 3D monitor glasses (which came from RealD 3D cinema glasses)

Maybe the guy in that review got a bad batch?

can't say I have any particular problems with colour in 3D. There are plenty of settings to play with, so it should be easy getting it exactly how you want.

I think I am about 4 foot away from mine roughly, and 3 is still strong. If you sit close to the 27" you will begin to notice the interlacing a bit more.

Personally I think it is a good size for the distance I use. Maybe a 32" would be a little more awesome, but the 27" is good.

And there was me thinking I had the glasses sorted - they told me they were sending the correct ones out and since I hadnt got them I got in touch via instant chat with LG customer services.

Having told me they were being dispatched they are now telling me I need to send the old ones back??:mad:

Sorry to hear. Seems they still not in the ball on this issue.

They should know by now they have mucked up. Hassle them, and do it by phone. They should be aware of the issue and should not be making customers wait longer than necessary any more.

Might I suggest going to the watchdog website and submitting this issue. I am sure the more of us that do, them more our chances of getting them on LG's case.

Yes, you should get glasses that have "3D Monitor" on the side. Look on the glasses themselves and don't rely on the box.

But If the glasses say cinema, they are wrong - despite the DM2780D being branded "Cinema 3D".

I got this Today, and received the 3D Cinema glasses :(

Phone LG and they will only send out replacements if I post the others back to them first. :mad:

Hassle them. On the phone. Tell em you want glasses sent out now...

They bloody well know about this issue now.

Wish watchdog would get back to me. LG need a good firm kick up the backside.

The DM2780D I returned had poor 2D image quality, fine horizontal lines were constantly visable which made the screen look interlaced.

Odd, not noticed that on mine. But then I don't sit very close to it.

Overall I found the screen image quality exceeded my expectations having gotten used to a 2560x1440 IPS display.

And despite everyones issues with glasses, if they ever release the 3D IPS screens, I will be trying them out and if good might even go back to single display.

At least this time, I should have at least one air of every kind of glasses, so shouldn't have any issues :D

Still dont really know how to use this monitor with 3d and tridef - if I play BF3 through tridef do I need to enable 3d on the tv and if so, which setting, there are 5 (one of them being 2d-3d which looks quite good running BF3 without tridef)???

For BF3, you need to add origin to Tridef using generic profile.

Tridef should have found BF3 exe and added that - if not add it and select the battlefield 3 profile.

Make sure Origin is shut down.

Start origin THROUGH TRIDEF.

Now launch BF3 through tridef.

That should work, but do note that you won't be able to play online in 3D as punkbuster will kick you.

I just tried a white image on full screen browser and also dead pixel tester with all white screen and do not notice this in 2D at all.

Have you got the input set up as PC?

Also, make sure you do not have the sharpness set to high or low - try to keep it on 50.

Well, if they initially sent out two packs of glasses to everyone, like they did for myself, I can see why they would run out.

So glad I have a spare set.

Can't believe people are still struggling with LG on this matter. Though it does seem LG may be more aware of the issue now at least.

And to think, I am still going to try out the 1080p IPS 3D screens when they come out :)

Back
Top Bottom