** LG EARLY BIRD BLACK FRIDAY DEAL- 34GK950F - SAVE £250 **

OcUK Staff
OP
Happy you're all enjoying this one so much! It's a great monitor!

We've still got a fair few at this price but website traffic keeps picking up so sales are gonna accelerate. I don't know if they'll last til payday.

If there are any longtime forum members wanting this and having to wait for payday I can perhaps look at putting some to one side for you. DM me.

Associate
What GPU would be needed to make the most of this monitor. Thinking about getting this and a 2070 super although I could even stretch to at 2080ti I feel it is over priced and new cards next year means it may not be a sensible purchase. Also people who moved from older ultrawide VA panels did you find this a worthwhile upgrade? My current monitor is a very old 27 Iiyama Prolite from 2012 so I suspect I would be easily impressed. I am a fairly casual gamer these days not sure how much I will notice the response difference.

Also is it stupid to feel annoyed I did not see this before placing an order this morning so if I purchase I'm paying for delivery twice.

Soldato
@nuke_neon I have a 1080ti and that's enough to get roughly 60fps on high settings in games like RDR2 though that's with some settings turned down others whacked up to ultra though your mileage may vary depending on the game you play. What I will say is the 2070 Super is the equivalent performance wise to the 1080ti so that and anything above your going to be okay with. I'm guessing the 2080 Super would be the sweet spot with this though!

I went from a 27" 60hz panel to the Acer Predator x34 roughly a year ago. The x34 ultrawide is a 100Hz (when overclocked) panel with a 4ms response time though mine was happiest a touch under at 95Hz and while I saw an obvious improvement I didn't feel it was really worth the the £600 I paid for it second hand. The 4ms response also underwhelmed me. It wasn't bad it just didn't really wow me and I wanted a change pretty quickly.

I'd seen the reviews for this LG panel though, Jayztwocents hugged the monitor at the end of the review as he was so impressed with it. I wanted it but figured it would always remain way out of my top end for a monitor at £1,100+ depending where you looked.

I knew it would be better being 144Hz with a 1ms response time and HDR600 but would it be really much of a noticeable upgrade? At £900 I thought I'd take a punt while I had the cash.

I can confidently answer with a resounding yes! This monitor is a country mile ahead of my old X34. The picture feels much clearer and crisp, I haven't seen my screen tear once and everything feels noticeably smoother and I mean buttery smooth. While the HDR isn't true HDR it's still really nice to have.

I'm incredibly impressed!!! For me at least there's a huge difference between that 100Hz and 144Hz assuming you're coming from a 60Hz or even 75Hz panel You will see a much starker improvement and at this price I cannot sing it's praises enough! Get it now and thank me later...

takemymoney.jpg

Associate
Mine has been absolutely perfect so far, no dead pixels etc. Just had to play with the colour settings a bit, was melting my retinas when I first switched it on. :p

Back
Top Bottom