LG OLED 2024 thread - A4, B4, C4, G4

Soldato
People might poo-poo my suggestion here, but imo the WiFi would be faster than the 300Mps. I assume it's due to people using a full fat bluray on a NAS.
While it's only going to be a small amount of people that suffer, the coat of LG upgrading it must be pennies.
Edit:(Should mention I read the link after I posted).
Its not any faster. To play remuxes you either need to use something like an nvidia shield or an apple tv (or i guess the usb way).

Soldato
I have the C9 and I'm glad iys the old version. Still runs great and doesn't fill up the screen with ads and trash when pulling up the apps. Just a nice strip popping up at the bottom of the screen.

CX app menu is a mess in comparison. Not seen the newer stuff.

Even now I'm still impressed with the C9. I'm 4 years in and I'd usually be itching to get a new TV by now.

Not wrong. Was on C9 and moved to a G2 and C2. Far prefer the UI of the C9, simple and straight forward with everything you need. Sure if you love trillion of recommendations and whats "hot" being thrown at you in main UI the newer stuff is nice. But yeah C9 all the way.

Associate
Dropped quite a bit already, but considering the G3 over the C3 if the prices converge a little more too.

I can get the C3 77" for £2351.22 or the G3 77" for £2978.41. the G3 77" is currently out of stock aswell so im tempted to maybe wait a little bit more to see if they come down in price anymore seeing as the new C4/G4 have been announced now?

Associate
Is it me or is anyone else finding the yearly churn out of new OLED models is now basically a brightness war?

I own a LG GX and when watching 4K HDR its plenty bright, and supposedly this TV doesn't get anywhere near as bright as the newer ranges. How far does this need to go?

Last edited:
Associate
For me it was one of the biggest upgrades coming from an older LCD.

To push more product they are going to capitalise on that feeling from the consumer.

Most people’s thinking brighter = better.

And it’s easy to sell nits. Bigger number better.

But at least they are moving on from resolution.

Soldato
Is it me or is anyone else finding the nearly churn out of new OLED models is now basically a brightness war?

I own a LG GX and when watching 4K HDR its plenty bright, and supposedly this TV doesn't get anywhere near as bright as the newer ranges. How far does this need to go?
Yep. Once you've got an OLED the need to upgrade is just not there.

Soldato
OP
Is it me or is anyone else finding the nearly churn out of new OLED models is now basically a brightness war?

The last major upgrade was the Alpha 9 processor and HDMI 2.1 120hz, which brought a number of major new features. Since then it's just brightness that's all there is

Last edited:
Associate
For me it was one of the biggest upgrades coming from an older LCD.

To push more product they are going to capitalise on that feeling from the consumer.

Most people’s thinking brighter = better.

And it’s easy to sell nits. Bigger number better.

But at least they are moving on from resolution.
Dont get me wrong, when i upgraded to the GX it was from a Samsung ES8000 which id owned for many years. The upgrade was worlds apart, like, massive.

As far as upgrades go from here, 'brightness' seems to be the only selling point as these TVs are so advanced you can calibrate them to whatever colour output you wish anyway.

Soldato
OP
The other thing that could improve is colors as even the best TVs (or monitors) can currently only display about 65% of all the colors the human eye can see. So a lot of room for displaying colors to improve

Last edited:
Associate
Saw the G3 at Currys recently and it was astonishing - it blew away everything else. The brightness and clarity was something else.

Jus curious though why the C4 wont have an MLA panel - isnt the brightness achieved because of the MLA panel?

Soldato
OP
Saw the G3 at Currys recently and it was astonishing - it blew away everything else. The brightness and clarity was something else.

Jus curious though why the C4 wont have an MLA panel - isnt the brightness achieved because of the MLA panel?

The C series is the new B series, LG is pushing people to buy the G series by gatekeeping features

Back
Top Bottom