*** LG V10 ***

Associate
Another new phone to add to all the recent releases and announcements!

Specs -

•Snapdragon 808 Processor

•Display:
Main - 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
Secondary - 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)

•Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB eMMC ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)

•Camera:
Rear - 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0
Front - 5MP Dual Lens (80o Standard Angle / 120o Wide Angle)

•Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)

•Size: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm

•Weight: 192g

•Colors: Space Black / Luxe White / Modern Beige / Ocean Blue / Opal Blue

Pretty much a premium G4, with a stainless steel design and camera / screen updates plus fingerprint scanner. The secondary screen idea looks interesting plus full manual video mode (adding to their current manual camera).

srDHIRx.jpg

PojdRVQ.jpg

jv2OAOo.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hold on a sec where has this come from? I didn't know LG were due a new flagship? The G4 has only been out 6 months. Looks really nice and loving those bezels, but just ordered a 6P the other night

Soldato
LG problem is the software, I have tried various ones and the skin they use just makes the phones lag. Get rid of it and go stock and they will no doubt have more luck.

Associate
forgive my ignorance but isn't one of the benefits of Android that you can format the phone and just install stock Android thereby eliminating LG/samsung/Sony etc issues?

Soldato
forgive my ignorance but isn't one of the benefits of Android that you can format the phone and just install stock Android thereby eliminating LG/samsung/Sony etc issues?

99pc of users just want to buy a phone and have it work without having to research how to root their new 600 quid flagship and risk bricking it if something goes wrong.

Associate
99pc of users just want to buy a phone and have it work without having to research how to root their new 600 quid flagship and risk bricking it if something goes wrong.

oh i didn't realise it was a risky procedure - but does it actually work? Does stock android have the 'drivers' so to speak for whatever hardware is in each android phone?

Caporegime

This

+

Flashing custom ROMs etc. in the majority of cases always bring annoying niggles i.e. battery drain, performance issues, crashing/rebooting, some apps/feature not working. Also, you can't use some apps when you root the phone i.e. banking apps or google pay

+

You will lose all the optimisation that Samsung/LG/HTC/motorola do in their custom skin with regards to getting the best from the camera so if you flash a stock android ROM, the camera won't be as good for quality as the OEM based ROM/skin

Last edited:
Soldato
oh i didn't realise it was a risky procedure - but does it actually work? Does stock android have the 'drivers' so to speak for whatever hardware is in each android phone?

It relies on an independent developer (see XDA Forums) to take the source code - Android Open Source Project (AOSP) - which google deliberately makes freely available, and adapt it for each device I think. So for popular devices there can be a wide array of different ROMs you can flash with different features, but on some phones you'll be lucky just to get a plain AOSP ROM.

Definitely not an expert on this though so I stand to be corrected

Soldato
This

+

Flashing custom ROMs etc. in the majority of cases always bring annoying niggles i.e. battery drain, performance issues, crashing/rebooting, some apps/feature not working. Also, you can't use some apps when you root the phone i.e. banking apps or google pay

+

You will lose all the optimisation that Samsung/LG/HTC/motorola do in their custom skin with regards to getting the best from the camera so if you flash a stock android ROM, the camera won't be as good for quality as the OEM based ROM/skin
Yup. CM11 on my Note 2 is good, but it's forever crashing and require force reboots etc. Still better than touchwiz...

For this reason, my next phone will be a nexus device.

Soldato
I used to root phones all the time and put custom roms on, but I just can't be bothered with it all now.

Is it too hard to expect to turn a phone on in this day and age and it work without lag and problems.

Associate
Wonder how long till uk release.

The LG V10 will be available in Korea starting this month followed by markets such as the United States, China and key countries in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. Information regarding additional markets and launch dates will be announced locally in the weeks to come.
Its big though, bigger than the 6P!

Back
Top Bottom