LG W2363D monitor

Soldato
OP
a) Stick to 60Hz monitors

b) Find 120Hz monitors with a DisplayPort connection

c) Swap to an Nvidia card with 2 dual link DVI connectors

Thanks for the response. I cannot believe the amount of hassle this has been. All I wanted to do was save money from buying Dell IPS monitors!

Guess it's time for another rethink.

Thanks again :)

Associate
Christ, yes, forgot to mention that :D Make sure you have two dual link dvi ports on your gpu.
The gpu you have has one dual link dvi port and one regular dvi port so I guess that's pretty much decided it for you, you can run 1 120hz monitor and 1 60hz monitor, or 2 60hz monitors, but not 2 120hz monitors.
You'll have to go with the w2363d and an ips, best of bother worlds.
If I were you, I'd just buy the w2363d and hang on to that extra cash. It's a good all rounder and great for gaming. If a second monitor is essential then that's the way you're gonna have to play it, one of each.

Caporegime
Christ, yes, forgot to mention that :D Make sure you have two dual link dvi ports on your gpu.
The gpu you have has one dual link dvi port and one regular dvi port so I guess that's pretty much decided it for you, you can run 1 120hz monitor and 1 60hz monitor, or 2 60hz monitors, but not 2 120hz monitors.
You'll have to go with the w2363d and an ips, best of bother worlds.
If I were you, I'd just buy the w2363d and hang on to that extra cash. It's a good all rounder and great for gaming. If a second monitor is essential then that's the way you're gonna have to play it, one of each.

I know you can run 2 monitors at different resolutions but can you run them at different refresh rates?

It's not something I'm familiar with and we'd better get it right for the OP.

Associate
Yeah, you can, at least with nvidia cards, I'd imagine it's the same with ati, made sure games run at 120hz while the other monitor is at 60hz, it's not an issue.

Associate
Yeah, I reckon that's a great. You can see how you get on and decide whether or not you want to get a second screen further down the line.

You're not the kind of guy who makes snap decisions are you? :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I reckon that's a great. You can see how you get on and decide whether or not you want to get a second screen further down the line.

You're not the kind of guy who makes snap decisions are you? :D

Thanks, and no :p Especially not after the hassle I have had with monitors! Already had to send two faulty U2311H monitors back!! And I am still considering whether or not to buy just two 60Hz monitors!!

Soldato
W2363D was discontinued while back, and now sold out/removed at most competitors as well…

Unless there happens to be some limited stock floating around that ocuk manage to snap up.

Associate
Ahh that's a shame. My heart says 27" Acer HN274, but my head said that LG one for £150! If it's discontinued then it explains why it was so cheap.

Soldato
Also, bear in mind that the LG monitors (if you can find them now) have a sticky-out cylinder shape on the lower bezel, which means if u want them at an angle to each other (rather than flat side by side) u will have a gap between them - escpecially important if u ever decide to get a third for Eyefinity.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone compared the LG W2363D to the BenQ XL2410? Which one would be better if both was priced the same? If compared input lag. response time and trailing.

Considering if i should get a new LG W2363D for £160 with free delivery or a 3month old benq for £190 + delivery

Associate
The lg is better in every way and it's new so get that. Shop around, not mentioning names but some places have far better prices and customer service than others.

Back
Top Bottom