Lian li 011 dynamic Blood & Ice edition. (the pain and the smiles)

Associate
Hi everyone,
wiKyHm0
wiKyHm0

So my first watercool build. Inspired by this forum and all the pros out there. So here is mine, yet another 011 dynamic non XL build.

Spec:

- AMD 5600X
- EVGA 3080 FTW3
- TRIDENT Z G. SKILL 16GB
- CORSIAR RM850 PSU
- AORUS X570
- EK Vector 3080 ftw3 waterblock.
- EK Vector cpu block AMD
- EK TORQUE FITTINGS - I only bought 4 off 90 degree rotary fittings the rest were standard.
- EK HD HARD TUBE 14MM
- EK 360XE RAD TOP
- EK 360PE RAD BOTTOM
- VARDAR 120ER D RGB FANS
- SABARENT 1TB NVME DRIVE
- SAMSUNG QVO 2TB 2.5" SSD
- CABLE MOD CABLE EXTENSION
- EK SCARLET RED SOLID FLUID
- EK DISTRO PLATE G1
- LAIN LI GPU BRACKET (LIAN LI COOLII VERSION I THINK!)
- EK DRGB splitter
- EK fan splitter

All control is from the motherboard BIOS.

Still looking for new inspirations to tweak and add more stuff to the build

I took inspiration from @Jay85 build:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/ek-quantum-kinetic-flt-rebuild.18892748/

BLOOD AND ICE V1.0: Build log

1. AMD ryzen 5 5600x installed on X570 Aorus Master.

Really like the look of this motherboard.
N26aKIz.jpg
2. EK Vector AMD waterblock installed

r1I6MNu.jpg

3. GPU teardown + EK vector Ftw3 waterblock install

View attachment ru6n3IZ.jpg

EK waterblcok installed and below it is the back plate which I have to install thermal pads before the final finish.
08oczTI.jpg

4. Dry install of mobo, power, radiators top/bottom and G1 distroplate

mGkBYLY.jpg

5. GPU horizontal mount and tubing done, impatient to get this rig alive the realised I cant close this case (which I suspected) but didnt mind running it for a while as an open rig.

V1.0 complete. All tests were good apart from the Code 4f that drove me nuts. Mobo manual doesnt say what it is either (for the obvious question someone will ask)

- Pressure tested using EK pump and gauge tool.
- This was a test run to see if all components were working with distilled water.

Issues faced:

1. CODE 4F on motherboard:
This was due to some wierd shorting between the GPU slot and the NVME slot. No idea why. But when the NVME was changed to a different slot it all worked fine. Sent the motherboard for repair underwarranty and got it back within a week. I didnt have faith in the return on time and I have been wanting to finish it over 6 months so bought another mobo.

TIP: Code 4F is a grounding problem.

P.S: so if anyone wants a X570 aorus master let me know.

2. Bleeding the system:
- this was not really an issue but the whole system took about jsut over a litre of fluid. so fell short as I had only 1 litre of water left after cleaning rads.

TIP: Keep atleast 5 litres.

3. EK tubing cutting:
- I used the cutting tool which has the cutting wheel on it not sure what its called. It keeps cracking the tube just before it cuts.

- luckily I only wasted one tube in the whole process!!! not bad for a first build I would say.

- finishing the edges is a lot of labour as I didnt have a jig for cutting the tubes edges straight and all were wonky and had a small file that I literally had to manually file the ends down mil by mil to get a near perfect fit and length.

TIP: if you have such issues just use a hacksaw and a small file for camfering the edges.
I finally got a promochill finishing bit but its come after I finished the build. Might redo the tubes later on for fun.

Buy 3 times the tubes you need for your build as you may fall short in length on some off cuts to be reused or you will mess up a bend if its complex in 2 different planes.

BLOOD AND ICE V2.0

- Vertical GPU mount installed.
- Rig completely wired up and posted first time.

WS6DVBU.jpg

Aezg6Lg.jpg

Some raw footage:

dont mind the cable mess!

Performance so far:

Test: COD cold war (2+ hour sessions)

CPU temp: 95 Deg C to dropped to 52 deg C max
GPU temperature: 70 DEg C max dropped to 41 Deg C max.

Fan setting: NORMAL in BIOS; PWM mode, default bios fan curve
Pump setting : NORMAL in BIOS; PWM mode; default bios fan curve
Temperature control reference: used a fluid temperature sensor between the outlet of the GPU to CPU inlet.
Fluid temp: 33 Deg C max. typically 30 Deg C.

Advice required:

- 5 inch screen
- tidy up cables
- maybe redo the gpu tube
- better fan, pump, light control

Happy to answer any queries for newbies like me or even people who are contemplating on using any of the parts listed.

So what you think people? Any love?

Last edited:
Associate
nice job
only thing that bugs me is some of the tubes not being parallel
and the gpu is is covering to much off the mobo in my opinion

I have o11 dynamic and I am trying to figure out a way to mount my gpu verticaly in a lowest possible position while the bottom rad is taking so much space..
i think it looked much better without the bottom rad
LxReoP0.jpg
but i wanted quiet system so opted for the second rad on the botom.. now im thinking about mounting the riser on top off the fan.. so its as low as possible and doesnt cover the cpu water block
K2WNuoU.jpg

Associate
OP
nice job
only thing that bugs me is some of the tubes not being parallel
and the gpu is is covering to much off the mobo in my opinion

I have o11 dynamic and I am trying to figure out a way to mount my gpu verticaly in a lowest possible position while the bottom rad is taking so much space..
i think it looked much better without the bottom rad

but i wanted quiet system so opted for the second rad on the botom.. now im thinking about mounting the riser on top off the fan.. so its as low as possible and doesnt cover the cpu water block

Did you use soft tubing in the second pic? Then I guess they won't sit perfectly. If you used hard tubing I am not sure if the tubes are deformed or its just the light? Curious.

Rest of build looks pretty sweet mate.

Associate
both use soft tubing.. :)
they were a bit deformed because of storage .. now got more straigh from the heat :)
i often swap some parts so i want to have soft tubing as it give me more posibilities

phone photo
now with 3070
h9NBur3.jpg

Associate
OP
both use soft tubing.. :)
they were a bit deformed because of storage .. now got more straigh from the heat :)

phone photo
now with 3070

That's cool yeh looks good now. I have never used soft tubing before I wished I did during the build as every tube bend needed planning and measuring sometimes it frustrating.

Associate
Hehe.. Tell me about it.. I have tubes, fittings and everything else you would need to do hardline but just don't want to spend that much time.
I tinker with my pc to much.. Soft tubing gives me more options. I can swap a whole motherboard etc without disassembling the loop :)

Back
Top Bottom