Lian Li A17 and Thermalright Ultra-120 extreme

Associate
I reckon that should be able to fit my Ultra-120 Extreme into an A17 case, but was wondering if anyone else had actually used this combo.

If someone could confirm for me.

Also can you confirm that the Lian LI CD Bezel fits into this case as I couldn't fit it into my Lian Li V series. As the case seems to be a variant of the PC-60/PC7 case then I believe that it should fit.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-008-LL

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
I reckon that should be able to fit my Ultra-120 Extreme into an A17 case, but was wondering if anyone else had actually used this combo.

If someone could confirm for me.

Cheers

Your case...Lian-Li PC-A17 Dimensions 215mm x 440mm x 490mm ( W, H,D)

I have a Lian Li PC-60 and thats 210 by 440 by 485mm and the big coolers are to high for it. I dont think the 5mm you have over me is enough..but I'm not 100%.

I went for one of these to get over that BUT with a 120mm fan that's too high also. See 3rd pic down here <not 56k friendly.

Mine works a treat with a 92mm fan it tho :)

You may work this out with a tape from just off the motherboard to where side panel goes on.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Installed this into a Lian Li 1100 which is 210mm to test and has space to spare so I reckon this should be alright as an extra 5mm on this case.

Soldato
The Ultra120-Extreme in an A16 (same layout, few minor differences) was a tight fit when I did a build using it. I couldn't pop the motherboard tray in/out with the cooler on. Motherboard was a Asus P5k-e.
If you don't install the cooler before the motherboard tray you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom