Lian Li Filter Material - replacing it

Associate
I have my old tried and trusted Lian Li case. Gave it a clean out yesterday of far too many years of dust and muck.

Trouble is, the filter material in the 120mm front case fan just fell apart in my hands.

What do you guys use as a replacement? I see that OCUK sell the whole grill (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-001-LL) but I don't need the metal bit. I am just after the foam.

Any suggestions? Maybe a source in industry? Or vacuum cleaner parts? Must be a source cheaper than spending a tenner on a replacement bit.

Associate
OP
Doh! I should have thought of that one. I'll stick on a pair of high heels and nip into town. Well, I live in Brighton so no one would think it odd. Either that or I'll nick a pair from the GF :D

Still would be curious if the "RealThing" was available somewhere. I'm going to have a look in a vacuum cleaner supplies store near here. Sure they must have something like this.

Associate
OP
Nice one Caged. They come out at a more sensible price. Just need to find somewhere with sane postage costs.

I'm surprised OCUK don't have these in stock.

Associate
OP
CPC do free shipping
I assume there is a minimum purchase on the shipping as they wanted €6 for a €3 item. Adding tax that takes it to €10.

I'm keeping them on the list, and having the reference number is useful as I'll going to scour a few local DIY and Building Supplies store around here.

Ideally I want to find this in some form of sheet of a larger size so I can also replace some 140mm filters in another case.

But also note a pair of stockings in Asda is £3. :D

Associate
OP
They have a UK website, not sure where euros comes into it.
I'll try again. Guess the Google search ended up in Ireland. Now I have walked through their UK front door I see its £2.26 in real money without any postage. So we are back to undercutting the stockings. :D

Thanks. Just have to hope those 140mm filters hang on a bit longer as CPC can't help there.

Associate
OP
Do not use worn/unwashed tights as you will get a whiff of scampi as you frag. :o
How old are you? If your GF smells of scampi I'd be more worried about her than the tights. Anyway, that's why you stick with Stockings. Maybe it is time to put your joystick down and get out of the house more :D

Permabanned
Old enough to have been there got the T shirt and moved on but do not see what that has to do with it.

Fact is some smell, some more than others and only known one that did not smell.

There are only 2 things that smell of fish.

Associate
OP
Multiple layers of fishnets would be closer to the original material in some ways. The original Lian-Li material has much wider gaps in it than normal filter material. The mesh in low denier stockings would be too fine and I expect would clog up a little quick. There would be a bit of an art in getting the choice correct.

And trying to get back on topic, I contacted Lian-Li via their website. Surprisingly fast next day response. They offered a 120mm piece plus shipping at $8 and a 120mm + a 140mm at $10 including shipping. Payment via Paypal.

The CPC option looks the best so far, but I know I'm going to be needing a 140mm piece soon. I'll update this thread after I have had a visit to the local Vacuum Cleaner shop. I'm banking on that guy to have a roll of it to cut to shape. I like Ghetto mods and cheap DIY options :D

Back
Top Bottom