Lian Li O11 Air Mini

Associate
Resurrecting this one from the depths ;) Would be really curious what rad configs people went with this case, especially thicker ones. I need to find a replacement for my 200mm Phobya and if space allows Im thinking top front and bottom rads, otherwise, at least thick top (HL GTX 240) and a 360 at the front. In my arrangement I dont think it makes sense to stick a side rad - I'll share some photos once the case arrives!

Associate
Sadly the O11 air Mini won’t accept 360mm rads. 280 some places but depends on other rads and motherboard size. Was some video on YouTube where someone packed a lot of gear into one

Last edited:
Associate
That is one cool looking build! Thanks for sharing it
You're right though - I had to re-check, its only 240 or 280s max, I think you can just about fit 3x 120 fans at the top but that's about it.
It does look like I may have to go to mATX to use a thick rad at the top.

Associate
No worries. A lot of people assume the 360 rad compatibility because the O11d Mini is compatible with it, but not the air.
Even bottom 3 x 120 is doable but should’ve been easier to do. A 280mm rad area is very close to the 360mm one. Only downside is not as many good fans (T30 or any Noctua matching their new 120mm model) available.

Associate
So that's what I am thinking here..

Its quite a snug fit into a 50cm wide cabinet, and even the power plug routing will require a cut in the side/back. I deliberately have lots of space at the top so hopefully that would not get things too hot?
My brother in law has his case pretty much behind closed door cabinet and is still running a 12600K at sensible temps on air cooling.

What do you think?

Associate
This isn't running final setup yet, so nothing serious.
It will have 13600K, 2080Ti on WC, planning for top and bottom 280mm and front 240, all GTS rads, in push and 1 exhaust at the back.
It kind of makes no sense to have side rad facing back end of the cabinet?
If space allows I may put 2 fans there to aid with dumping air out.

Back
Top Bottom