Lian Li O11 EVO

Associate
Yeah, when OC had one as B-grade I was daily looking and dreaming about it for a while.
The looks may not be for everyone but well planned that could be a masterpiece.
And all possibilities in, you may need some serious trolley to push it around. :D:D

V F

V F

Soldato
I'd need a new desk for that size and weight. Probably wood. :cry:

Apparently it's 23kg with nothing installed. Imagine all those 480mm radiators then the water. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question and I'm wondering if someone can help....
Is it possible to install a 3.5" drive on the bar circled here?

hZB0xJg.jpg
It's not designed for 3.5" and considering I couldn't even use both of the mounts for 2.5inch drives when the cables were squeezed in below I doubt you'd be able to adapt it to take one either.

You can however have 2 in the hard drive cage (black bit.. I've actually got 4x2.5inch ssd's in there plus one outside) and with the adapter plate you can add 2 where the vertical fans would go, obviously losing the fans in the process (you could use the mesh front kit to add in 3 at front instead)

Last edited:
Soldato
No reason not to believe the post I saw but has anyone else put 3x 140mm in top and or bottom despite it only stating it can support 2?

I am thinking to put the AIO in side bit as intake, and then have 3x 140mm bottom intake and 3x 140mm top exhaust.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is what it's confusing me. I have literally today. Just seen a post with that exact setup and yet other people say it won't fit.
It was specifically with the Lian li fans though if that makes any difference

There probably is enough space to fit 3x140mm fans (non lian li might fit slightly better due to no 'bumps') but that reddit build looks like it isn't using the removable fan brackets and I can't see any obvious screws so it's likely a bit of a jerry rigged fitment. They're probably fastened to the frame somehow and likely needs the whole base removing to access on the bottom.

Would I bother... not personally, the hassle needed to remove the fans if they break or need cleaning etc doesn't seem worth it imo.

Soldato
There probably is enough space to fit 3x140mm fans (non lian li might fit slightly better due to no 'bumps') but that reddit build looks like it isn't using the removable fan brackets and I can't see any obvious screws so it's likely a bit of a jerry rigged fitment. They're probably fastened to the frame somehow and likely needs the whole base removing to access on the bottom.

Would I bother... not personally, the hassle needed to remove the fans if they break or need cleaning etc doesn't seem worth it imo.

How is it a hassle? Is it not just 4 screws like any other fan. I'll find out soon enough anyway as case gets delivered tomorrow and your comment will make more sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
How is it a hassle? Is it not just 4 screws like any other fan. I'll find out soon enough anyway as case gets delivered tomorrow and your comment will make more sense.
On the o11 evo, if you want to access the 'bottom' side of the case (assuming you're going for 3x140mm) you'll need to physically lift it off the base which the feet are attached to in the same way as if you're going to invert it. At least my build is pretty heavy and I wouldn't want to be turning it upside down just to deal with fans, even if it's a rare thing. See below video but you'd also have a set of cables going through it to the usb socket module :)

Last edited:
Associate
Tempted to get a Lian-Li 011 Evo to transplant one of my builds into, but trying to decide on Grey or Black.
Problem is, the Grey looks like a different colour/shade in almost ever picture I've seen of it. In some it looks almost silver and others darker and closer to gunmetal.
Has anyone got any decent pictures of a grey on in reasonably natural light?

Soldato
On the o11 evo, if you want to access the 'bottom' side of the case (assuming you're going for 3x140mm) you'll need to physically lift it off the base which the feet are attached to in the same way as if you're going to invert it. At least my build is pretty heavy and I wouldn't want to be turning it upside down just to deal with fans, even if it's a rare thing. See below video but you'd also have a set of cables going through it to the usb socket module :)

Just got the case and see what you mean. I'll update with my findings.

Findings. You can install X3 140mm fans on the bottom, this can be without or with the bracket. If you do on the bracket you cannot access the thumbscrew on the right (assuming normal orientation) to secure the bracket to case. I do not believe this is an issue.
What I can do is use a smaller screw to secure it. It's not an issue with the Lian li fans as you can simply unslide it from the middle one to access the screw again.*if you didn't screw the fan down, I have.

There may be issues with your motherboard headers. I can see a usb header could be a problem.

Edit. No issues as the ones that looked tricky are USB 2.0 headers which I'm not usin

6x 140mm fans that don't officially fit.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone installed a 4090FE using the upright kit in this case? if so any pictures?

Wondered about the fan orientation as well as on the FE the fans go in opposite directions (not sure about the directions of airflow) so the case fans would have to match?

Thanks, hope that makes sense.

Associate
Just got the case and see what you mean. I'll update with my findings.

Findings. You can install X3 140mm fans on the bottom, this can be without or with the bracket. If you do on the bracket you cannot access the thumbscrew on the right (assuming normal orientation) to secure the bracket to case. I do not believe this is an issue.
What I can do is use a smaller screw to secure it. It's not an issue with the Lian li fans as you can simply unslide it from the middle one to access the screw again.*if you didn't screw the fan down, I have.

There may be issues with your motherboard headers. I can see a usb header could be a problem.

Edit. No issues as the ones that looked tricky are USB 2.0 headers which I'm not usin

6x 140mm fans that don't officially fit.

That's nice you've been able to do that! 140 fans ftw too!

Associate
Mine will arrive tomorrow, Thinking of building in "reverse mode" to accommodate my desk space better, does anyone know whether the supplied anti sag bracket will still be usable in that config?

Associate
Mine will arrive tomorrow, Thinking of building in "reverse mode" to accommodate my desk space better, does anyone know whether the supplied anti sag bracket will still be usable in that config?
Should be fine. The adjustable part that supports the GPU would need to be installed at the top, obviously, as you’ll be using inverted. Don’t forget the rubber pads included to avoid scratching your GPU.

Back
Top Bottom