Lian-Li PC-7 Plus

Associate
I will soon going to be ordering this case. However I have a few questions.

1. What pin are the 2 fans that this case uses? I have a Gigabyte DS3 Mobo and it has 2x4 pin fan headers, so will I need to purchase any 3 to 4 pin adapters?

2. I believe this case has an optional 80mm fan mount at the top of it. Will I benefit from purchasing another fan, and if so which fan would be best.

Thanks in advance ;)

Soldato
1. What pin are the 2 fans that this case uses? I have a Gigabyte DS3 Mobo and it has 2x4 pin fan headers, so will I need to purchase any 3 to 4 pin adapters?
The fans come with both 3pin fan connectors and 4pin molex adapters so you will be fine.
2. I believe this case has an optional 80mm fan mount at the top of it. Will I benefit from purchasing another fan, and if so which fan would be best.
You are correct, it is possible to mount a 80mm fan at the top. I have not done it because i think the case cools effectively without it. But if you wanted to install another fan i would recommend a nexus/yateloon from opinions on these boards.

At the moment i am using the stock fans at 7v and they seem perfectly adequate.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. So these cases have good airflow? At the moment my case is horrid but has 120mm intake, 80mm side fan, and 2x80mm exhaust, although these fans are old and my case is as I said, 'horrid'.

Another option I was considering is the PC-60B +, as it has the patented blower fan and CPU air duct. Is this case worth the other £40 odd notes?

My spec is below so I should be able to fit it in either of these two cases?

Soldato
Personally i would stick with the pc7 over the pc-60b.

The 120mm fans on the pc7 mean it is quieter and you could also mount a fan on the side blowing over the graphics if you wanted.

Both of those cases will fit your current equipment fine. I have a pc7 and as you can see from my sig we have a very similar setup.

Associate
OP
hyper_piper45 said:
Personally i would stick with the pc7 over the pc-60b.

The 120mm fans on the pc7 mean it is quieter and you could also mount a fan on the side blowing over the graphics if you wanted.

Both of those cases will fit your current equipment fine. I have a pc7 and as you can see from my sig we have a very similar setup.

Many thanks for your help, PC-7+ it is then, think I will go with the extra fan as it can get quite hot in my room.

Soldato
You wont need more than the 120/120 unless you are running a high end SLI rig. :)

The 120 in 120 out can cool virtually anything, it matches the cooling or beats all the "shove 20 fans in it" cases. The airflow in the case is just nigh on perfect, the only better case for silence and cooling for 'sensible' money is the Eclipse, but that is expensive at the moment.

Associate
OP
Yewen said:
You wont need more than the 120/120 unless you are running a high end SLI rig. :)

The 120 in 120 out can cool virtually anything, it matches the cooling or beats all the "shove 20 fans in it" cases. The airflow in the case is just nigh on perfect, the only better case for silence and cooling for 'sensible' money is the Eclipse, but that is expensive at the moment.

OK thanks for the input, saved a little bit cash now as I wont be buying that extra fan.

Back
Top Bottom