Lian Li PC-7+ top fan vent

Associate
On the same topic, but with the opposite intention - can anyone recommend a nice way to cover the vent. It's just a matter of time before my 2 year old pours some milk down there...

Soldato
You can buy plates for this, 80mm with the holes drilled into them.

Making one is also an option, just drill four holes in a bit of metal marked up with a fan, then install a fan behind it to hold the plate in place. :)

Soldato
SpamMonkey said:
On the same topic, but with the opposite intention - can anyone recommend a nice way to cover the vent. It's just a matter of time before my 2 year old pours some milk down there...

my mate did this (not with the same case, so i dont think the steps will be exactly the same)

basically, it was a B&Q joby, he got a 3mm 120mm circle of aluminium, 4 5mm high washers, 4 50mm long bolts. Drilled 4 holes through the top of the case around the fan that that was about 10mm outside the rim of the fan vent, placed the circle plate over the fan hole, poked a pen through the holes and marked the disk. then drilled the disk, stuck the nuts though the disk, put washers on the bolts, placed the disk over the fan vent and aligned up the bolts with the holes and bolted then from the top inside of the case next to the fan.

this way, if anything was spilt or dropped onto the plate, i just ran off the edge out of reach of the fan vent, or, for extra superstition, you could get a hammer and hammer the middle of the plate a few times, creating a cone like shape makeing it a roof like object lol

best of luck with it :)

Soldato
If you use alu drill 4 holes around the same size as the holes in an 80mm fan then just screw the fan screws into it. As alu is softer than steel they will bite into it, job done.

Back
Top Bottom