** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Soldato
Thinking ahead, planning to buy a new case and transfer current system\sell off old bits and the wife's 2500k PC. Eventually move to one single 7nm TR PC next year.

I was wondering if this case would take a Threadripper EATX motherboard and the Enermax 280mm Liqtech AIO? I think the 360mm version would fit but the 280mm obviously had 140mm fans on it. I suspect it wouldn't fit.

I have looked at the Dark Base Pro 900 but thinking it might be more case than I need?

Soldato
I finally built mine I hit some snags some are the cases fault and some is my hardware fault

* A random rivet popped out at some stage dunno from where
* Discovered my 8pack hand me down motherboard was wider than ATX spec so it overhung the tray area, wouldn't be too bad but I used an extra thick rad so there was only about 5mm between the board and the rad.
*, As a result, i had to take the rad off to fit the cables and was a struggle to get the 24pin (I had a braided cable to spare) and had to use 90degree sata cables even then it's stressing the cables
* there is space for 140mm fans in the roof but not 140mm rads, I was going to fit both mine as intakes from my old Corsair 700D but due to the GPU to Rad Tube, I couldn't fit the 2nd fan in its current state
* There is no support under the PCB for the side mounting GPU kit so it bends downwards for me a little when putting a GPU in. I would have like some support under there
* Would have liked an extra hole along the bottom edge of the motherboard to thread cables
* There was a rubber block with the case, I thought it might be to help for PSU sagging but even with my wide CM V1000 PSU there was still loads of space
* As my motherboard (and the corsair kit) lacks 4pin RGB connector I had to buy a little kit from ebay which had a remote and two headers for the pump and block RGB (im an rgb noob)

* Cooling performance is a a little better overall.old 140x60mm EK rad+ 30mm magic cool 360 to a now modern 55mm thick EK 360mm rad

managed to pack everything in going from a old batter 700D while being much better. Just don't ask to see behind the motherboard tray.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vfA5Is4
5KHqD0I.jpg
sHlbFAM.jpg
jS3LI91.jpg
MOjTizn.jpg

Soldato
I switched from a dark base 700, It was horrific for temps restricted front intake and a solid roof means the heat cannot escape.

I run an EATX Rampage 6 extreme in mine no probs.

Case will not take a 280 AIO but it will take any 120mm based variant.

Soldato
I finally built mine I hit some snags some are the cases fault and some is my hardware fault

* A random rivet popped out at some stage dunno from where
* Discovered my 8pack hand me down motherboard was wider than ATX spec so it overhung the tray area, wouldn't be too bad but I used an extra thick rad so there was only about 5mm between the board and the rad.
*, As a result, i had to take the rad off to fit the cables and was a struggle to get the 24pin (I had a braided cable to spare) and had to use 90degree sata cables even then it's stressing the cables
* there is space for 140mm fans in the roof but not 140mm rads, I was going to fit both mine as intakes from my old Corsair 700D but due to the GPU to Rad Tube, I couldn't fit the 2nd fan in its current state
* There is no support under the PCB for the side mounting GPU kit so it bends downwards for me a little when putting a GPU in. I would have like some support under there
* Would have liked an extra hole along the bottom edge of the motherboard to thread cables
* There was a rubber block with the case, I thought it might be to help for PSU sagging but even with my wide CM V1000 PSU there was still loads of space
* As my motherboard (and the corsair kit) lacks 4pin RGB connector I had to buy a little kit from ebay which had a remote and two headers for the pump and block RGB (im an rgb noob)

* Cooling performance is a a little better overall.old 140x60mm EK rad+ 30mm magic cool 360 to a now modern 55mm thick EK 360mm rad

managed to pack everything in going from a old batter 700D while being much better. Just don't ask to see behind the motherboard tray.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but there is mounting points on the bottom of the case for your pump mount, no need to mount it to a fan.

Nice build by the way.

Associate
yes the QC leaves a little to be desired,my front and side panel does not line up correctly without having to shim the foot to 'twist' the frame square,without it you can get a matchstick in between the 2 panels at the bottom but snug at the top,luckily I don't see the gap because of how my case is situated.

good thing is its completely silent sat next to it,just have to rewire my pump and get a fan splitter and all done.

2FI5YPT.jpg.png

Soldato
F
The poor QC is a little concerning, looks like they've sacrificed some of the Lian-Li quality to hit a certain price-point.
Sounds like it. Surprised they didn't make it 140mm fan compatible too. I can understand them keeping cost down but let's face it watercooling isn't cheap and a few tens of pounds isn't like making it cost a hundred pounds more. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a v2 of this at a later date to tweak a few of the short comings.

Back
Top Bottom