Lian Li TU150

Associate
I'm after an itx that has a tempered glass and usb type c port at the front. This case seems to tick the boxes.

Any reason I shouldn't get it or is there a better alternative?

Associate
OP
I second the motion towards NR200p which is the case I have now.

Only thing to be aware of with the NR200p is there is less space for big air coolers than the TU150. However, if you look through the massive NR200 thread you will see plenty of working examples using the Scythe Mugen 5 or Fuma 2. Just check which motherboard people are using with these to get them to fit without issues.

Also note there is no USB-C on the front IO of the NR200P. If that is a deal breaker, then the TU150 is still a good choice.

Yes I'm heading towards an all things usb c

@bakes0310 thanks, shame there is no usb c. Also isn't this quite a hard case to get hold of?

Associate
OP
The TU150 isn't great for water cooling. Max size is a 120mm radiator.

I don't suppose using a USB-C hub connected to the Motherboard rear panel is an option? I feel the advantages of the NR200P (size and component compatibility) outweigh the need for a front USB-C.

You're probably right but is there stock of it anywhere?

Associate
OP
In stock right now, nope. A competitor has the white case due on January 5th though if that is a preference.

It is a hard one as I know you are probably wanting to get on with it now.

Like I said, the TU150 is still a strong contender, but I would go for an air cooler. You can fit the Noctua U12S or even the D15 in the TU150 which sets it apart from the NR200P (using tempered glass side panel).

Yep did see that today when I was searching. Not in a rush so I'll probably pre-order it. Will any of these coolers block the ram? I wanna get RGB ram.

Associate
OP
TU150 is a really good case. It's just one of the many ITX cases which could have been great if the manufacturer hadn't included a silly gimmick.

In this case, it's the handle.

They could have made it a good bit shorter, or could have added 240mm or maybe even 280mm rad support if they hadn't added a handle which almost nobody will actually use.

Still really good for what it is though. And it's arguably a better looking case than the NR200.

100% agreed. Really hope they do a revision of this case.

Back
Top Bottom