Lian-Li V350B Build

Soldato
Lian-Li V350B Build

Well I decided against the Sugo cases and went for the Lian-Li V350B instead, reason being the superior cooling and it looks the business, picked up my bits today and thought I would share my build with you guys :D

Components;

Lian-Li V350B (Black)
Core 2 Duo e8400
4Gb DDR2 800MHz Ram
Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R iG33
Zalman CNPS8000
Passive XFX 256MB 7600GS
1x 500GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KS
1x 250GB Western Digital Caviar
2x LG 20X DVDRW Drives
OCZ StealthXtreame 600Watt

This is my second system so I don’t need anything GPU powerful plus I aimed for a silent system so the GPU being passive was a must. Everything worked :D this was a totally smooth install took me around an hour which is good considering how small the case is, the Lian Li case just shouts quality from every corner its extremely well built the only negative I have is the fans IMO they are a little on the loud side as I was wanting a quite system its a little annoying but I know my components are kept cool :D I’m not too good at writing a progress log but hopefully the pictures will be good enough, please excuse the poor quality the only camera I have on me right now is my phone.

Okay here are some of the components prior to installation;
00.gif

1-1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

Soldato
OP

CPU £140
MB £60
HDD £45 + £30
Case £85
Cooler £25
DVDRW £15 + £15
GPU £20 Total bargan :D
Memory £60
PSU £45

So around £550 all together, got it clocked to 4.0GHz currently testing for stability and this e8400 is a rocket :cool::D

Soldato
OP
Nice setup.

How is that Zalman handling the temps? I'm considering that for a future build of mine.

It looks like a bit of a nightmare trying to sort out the wiring in there!

PK!

Yep it’s very tight, you have to have the tray halfway out to install the wiring which luckily I didn’t come into any problems :D The Zalman is a very good low profile cooler, when the fans are on max its quite loud tbh but this isn’t an issue as you get a nice little CPU fan controller with the HS&F if you wish to install it to slow the fan down.

I’m loving this case as at the other side there is another 2XDVD drive slots witch I’m certain extra drives won’t fit but many full size fan controllers will and that’s what I’ve just bought to hopefully quieten the fans down. I may be excessive with fan noise but to if you’re not into silent systems this case is excellent but I like my systems near silent :D

Good looking build; have a Sugo01 with an 8800gtx in it so am wondering whether to move to the same lian li as has better cooling. Are there any side or top fans?

They have 2 Case fans at the front sucking in air and one in the HDD compartment, they seem not to have one extracting the heat which is strange, but I can say it cools everything inside without any problems and I would highly recommend this case go for it!! :D

Soldato
seriously looking to getting this or a v300 ( im a sucker for v series holes)

would love to see your water cooling viper :)

Just looking over this again and thought it looked familiar, i just bought most of it :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom