LiE's Log Part 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My last log has grown to quite some size and for anyone trying to gather useful information it can be difficult. This is partially due to size and also because I've been swapping and changing routines a lot recently. This new log will help make things cleaner to follow.

I have been struggling to decide on which direction I want to head with my training. I have good strength and decent size, but ultimately I decided I want to focus on strength for the long term. This should provide a little size and possibly some fat shredding. I'm also introducing sprinting on the treadmill to help with conditioning.

I'll be doing Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, which I have finished cycle 1 and about to start cycle 2 today.

Here's what cycle 1 looked like. I didn't take a deload before starting, so I'm not sure how much this affected things.

cycle1-1.png

I'm hoping that introducing sprints won't hamper my lifts too much, maybe in the short term they will but that's fine.

I currently weigh 82.7Kg and my diet is aimed at being a little over maintenance. I've decided to stay off caffeine so that means pretty much no pre-workout, but I will be taking 5g creatine daily.

Diet spreadsheet download here - http://www.mattmccann.co.uk/docs/Diet_v5_alt.xlsx

Here's a couple recent pics which I can use to mark progress in a few months.

2012-08-21103156.jpg

2012-07-30193325.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

For those interested. I'm 27 and 5ft 11" and have been lifting since I was 19, but only seriously the past 3 years.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
It's funny because I always trained my back pretty hard but never really saw it. Wasn't until last year when one of my friends got a pic of me from behind while on holiday that I saw it!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
531 Squat, Walking Lunges, RDL
531 Bench Press, Dips, CGBP
531 Deads, Seated Cable Rows, Chins
531 Press, Lateral Raises, Arnold Press, Pallof Press

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
The deload is every 4th week of the cycle, it involves dropping all weights to around 50%. It allows the body to recover ready for the next cycle, allowing you to keep progressing for longer without stalling.

Steedie, give it a few years ;)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Off to a good start today with cycle 2, nailed a new bench press PB of 117.5 for 11! It was the weirdest set, the reps kept climbing but I felt amazing, even the 11th came up nicely, and a 12th isn't far away.

Oh and sprints are killer... I need to work on my warm up process as I kinda just made it up and may have stopped me getting an extra interval. It will take a while for me to build up to 15 mins of sprints.

531 Bench Press
WU - 55x5, 70x5, 82.5x3
WS - 90x5, 102.5x5, 117.5x11 (PB)

Dips - +25x10 x4
CGBP - 70x10, 80x10, 80x8
Sprints - 14km/h x1, 15km/h x3

Shoulder/Chest mobility

Back
Top Bottom