LiE's Log Part 2

Caporegime
Aye it is an arse doing cardio and stuff after...

I do squats monday, cardio after the squats, then bench on tuesday and cardio after that.
Then its a day off and core on thursday.

Seems to work for me

Soldato
Might not be getting enough recovery from Sprints, hence its taking its toll on Squats day; I was exactly the same too. I would aim to do sprints on days before rest day e.g. I have Wednesday and weekend, so I would aim for Sprints on Tuesday (bench day) and then Friday (Press day). Atleast then you get the rest ready for Squats and Deadlift days :). Although I know you've set your days out differently.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Nailed it tonight. My triceps were so fried at the end and CGBP was a real grind, but good.

531 Bench

WU - 55x5, 70x5, 82.5x3
WS - 102.5x5, 117.5x3, 130x8

Dips - BWx8, +50x6, +60x5, +60x6
CGBP - 80x8, 100x6, 110x3

Sprints
Chest/Shoulder Mobility

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Finished week 3 tonight, with an really good PB on deadlifts, 200 x 8 :)

Below is cycle 2 and cycle 1 so you can see the progress :) amazing what difference a proper deload makes.

cycle1-1.png

cycle2_zps5afd31eb.png

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP

Deload week now, also taken this week off work to relax and get some stuff done around the house. Won't be a lot going on until next week when I start cycle 3.

Caporegime
Random question. How does a deload work? I presume it would be different for whatever program you are following?

Or would you for instance just do a deload @ 70% of your working weight or something?

Man of Honour
Heh - I deload by stretching, soft tissue and mobility work whilst eating as much as possible, without any actual lifting. It means I actually need to spend more time doing soft-tissue work in situ, but using the gym at work (i.e. in a lunch break) means I don't have time to give it the attention it needs.[/excuse] :rolleyes: :D

Not orthodox by any stretch of the imagination, but I find it works better for me than a proper deload.

Still, if LiE's numbers are anything to go by, it just shows how important that 'rest' week actually is. Great work!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Deload coming along nicely, I do have a bit of a niggle in my left front delt somewhere, but hopefully it'll be OK come Monday's bench pressing.

Been doing some soft tissue work on my pecs/front delt area this week and lots of mobility. Running is getting better. I'm now doing 10 intervals of 15s at 17km/h with a 10% incline.

Still caffeine free and feeling good.

Back
Top Bottom