lightning waterblock

Soldato
whilst running afterburner and playing a game i notice that my vrm temps seem high,
core 38c
mem 32c
vrm 50c

above temps whilst running BF3 with core@1140/1.26v and mem@1600/1.625

i'm positive i used the correct pads but my question is can i put a little paste on top of the pads to see if it helps???
my card is not a great clocker, which maybe due to a higher than normal leakage in the vrm's. Under air if they got to 58c-60c, bf3 would crash so had to settle for a smaller overclock and less volts, so obviously less heat.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
to be honest, it sounds like there is a problem here.

may be best to take the block off the card and try to identify if there are any sections of the block not making contact with the vrms.

Soldato
You will see an imprint :)

Vrm temps should be at most 5c above core, also make sure you put a pad on the memory vrm, as well as the two stand alone vrms behind the main bank.

Soldato
OP
You will see an imprint :)

Vrm temps should be at most 5c above core, also make sure you put a pad on the memory vrm, as well as the two stand alone vrms behind the main bank.

yeah managed the 2 single ones, just wondering when i first installed the block i forgot too plug the reactor lead back in so stripped it back off, plugged in and placed back, was rushing at that point, so a pad may have slipped. :(

Back
Top Bottom