Lightroom subscription on offer.

Caporegime
Edit *This is the CC version only - not the classic desktop version*

The annual reduction in a years Lightroom with 1TB has started today.

I think I'm safe to say it's available at Amazon. Decent discount overly the monthly subscription.

The PS/LR 20GB sub isn't on sale yet but usually goes on sale for the same price over the black friday sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't use LR much hence me still on 4.4. But I do have a backlog of stuff to go through.. Is there much difference in performance from version 4.4 to CC? 4.4 is shockingly slow (even with 1:1 previews), even slower than when I had LR3.

And is there any expiry to use them? I.e. if I were to buy 2 or 3, can I save the rest for the following years?

Soldato
Performance has steadily improved from 4.

Id probably advocate in getting the last standalone version (6?) for some improvements if you don’t use it that regularly.

The first subscription version heavily advertised (and to some degree delivered on) decent performance increases which I thought was very shady given users had been asking for them since basically day 1..!

Soldato
Performance has steadily improved from 4.

Id probably advocate in getting the last standalone version (6?) for some improvements if you don’t use it that regularly.

The first subscription version heavily advertised (and to some degree delivered on) decent performance increases which I thought was very shady given users had been asking for them since basically day 1..!

I didn't think you could get v6 anymore? All the usual places don't have it in stock anymore.

Soldato
This subscription model is such a con.
I have LR5. It was fine as I didn’t feel the need for the next version as I had a Nikon D610. It was supported. Now I have Sony A7 iii, suddenly realise I can’t download raw into LR5.

so my alternative is to pay £100 each and every year just for adobe to give me the ability to load my raw files.

I have switched to DXO labs. They have full support for all the latest cameras and on going support for camera raw files through their module download with no subscription. I am not accustomed to the workflow yet but it brings in the raw files with the camera and lens calibration and I can export to my LR5.

Back
Top Bottom