Lights - I need some!

Soldato
I'm lost!

Can anyone recommend me a good reliable set of lights for my road bike that will give me at least 2 hours on full charge and will be bright enough for dark country lanes?

My budget is up to £100 for both front an rear.

Soldato
I just got a Moon meteror storm front light and it’s incredibly bright. I had before that a Leyznye light that I used on a commute home inc an unlit country lane and the new light blows it away in terms of brightness - claims 3 hours on the brightest mode. I’m still looking at rear lights but the Moon nebular is well rated and you could have both for around £75.

Road.cc have a very good light comparison article that they update all the time.

Soldato
For a rear light - Exposure TraceR
It is £34 from all the main retailers at the minute and is superb.

Front light, I use a Lezyne Macro Drive 1100XL.
It can be had for £49 from Wiggle & Halfords at the moment.

I ride on narrow back roads in the middle of the Scottish Highlands with absolutely no light for miles often. These lights more than do the job and I have no negatives for either of them. Battery life is incredible on both. I done 210KM's with them both on the whole time and the front on highest setting for the last 30 mins of the ride and never worried about losing juice. I think the TraceR will run for almost an entire working week of commuting (55mins each way) without charging in between.

Soldato
OP
Thanks Guys, I decided to go for the Bikehut 1000 as it gets good reviews and the powerbank feature sounds useful. I picked up a Lezyne rear strip light and with BC discount cost me around £56 :)

Back
Top Bottom