LineageOS custom rom

Associate
Hi all,
Anyone have any experience using custom roms on their phone? Particularly LineageOS?
I'm trying to stretch out the life of my Xperia XZ premium while I find a suitable replacement.
In the past I used cyanogen mod (which I believe lineageOS has evolved from) on a samsung galaxy S2 and found it great.

Associate
OP
Any particular you need to know? I'm running it on my tablet (S5e) and my backup phone (OnePlus 7T Pro), only thing missing is Play Integrity API which is required for things like banking to work, although you can patch this with Magisk (but it's a constant cat and mouse game with Google trying to patch workarounds). Some devices may also lack Widevine L1 required for streaming services too, without it Netflix for example will limit to standard definition.
Lack of Play integrity (and another similar sounding thing I can't remember) seems like the major issue.
Are your devices on the official list or are they unofficial versions of lineageOS?
My phone only has unofficial version available. There are other roms, so could try them.

Back
Top Bottom