Lines on Screen

Associate
Hi i have suddenly got lines on xp boot up and on desktop screen. Little dots was on the post screen but have now gone. I have checked connections to be graphics card and pc ram. I have checked my monitor on my laptop and its ok with the same lead. I have even tryed reinstalling my x800 pro graphic card but no difference. The better res i have the more lines are shown. Could this be a fault grahpics card as its old now?? Please help Pics below

3532275184_9880fdae5a_o.jpg

3532275174_6301b9d4ee_o.jpg

Associate
OP
I might be able to get one off a friend. But if it is that im only going to buy a cheap one as it only has agp8 (a7n8x main board)as im not much a gamer anymore. Thanks for quick reply:D

Associate
OP
Still running agp? Awesome haha. As has been I am 99% sure its your graphics card. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Well it was indeed the graphics card:( that card cost me about £300 5 years ago:rolleyes:. I tryed a borrowed one and its now ok. I only us it really for internet surfing and playing music so it does not need to have such a huge graphics card. I only have a nforce2 motherboard (dont laugh;)) Which do you think is the best to buy out of these 2 cards.

ATI RADEON X1650PRO

PNY GeForce 6200

Associate
OP
Well it was indeed the graphics card:( that card cost me about £300 5 years ago:rolleyes:. I tryed a borrowed one and its now ok. I only us it really for internet surfing and playing music so it does not need to have such a huge graphics card. I only have a nforce2 motherboard (dont laugh;)) Which do you think is the best to buy out of these 2 cards.

ATI RADEON X1650PRO

PNY GeForce 6200

Thanks for all your help but which card do you recommend from above

Back
Top Bottom