Linksys WRT54GL + Nintendo Wifi

Associate
I am looking into buying the wireless router mentioned in topic as I want to hook up the 360 and ds/wii to the internet. I know the 360 would pretty much work with this router as my mate has his running on it but I am quite sure whether my DS/Wii will be capatible with this router, as Ive read that nintendo Wifi tends to be quite picky when its trying to use anything but the official adapter.

So can any nintendo wifi users with this router give me the go ahead as I would like to order it tonight/tomorrow morning if possible :)

Got my WRT54GL from here, and it's working fine with my Wii. I have, however, flashed the firmware and use the dd-wrt. If you're looking for the 54GL then I guess you already know about the advantages of 3rd party firmware ;)

McManicMan said:
why?, unless you like mucking about with firmwares it does the same job, have my PC,Ds,PSP,2x360's and xbox1 all on it
Well for the same price the GL is far superior because of the firmwares. For what I run (see above) features like QoS are invaluable and no other routers have similar features for the price.

Your router doesn't have much load on it at all :)

I'm with Kreeeeeeeeee on this one - the 3rd party firmwares are unbelievably good. The dd-wrt firmware has functionality that you'd normally only find on enterprise-grade kit, not on a router that costs £50.

Kreeeee said:
Well for the same price the GL is far superior because of the firmwares. For what I run (see above) features like QoS are invaluable and no other routers have similar features for the price.

Your router doesn't have much load on it at all :)

lol at your sig.

Kreeeee said:
<3 ;)

I know. My point still stands.

how? you said the others are better because of the firmwares. not so. you can use dd-wrt on the gs. yes its cut down, but virtually all of the major reasons we flash the fireware is there and working. its a no brainer if youre choosing between the two. if you already have a gs, you can still flash it:)

Last edited:
james.miller said:
how? you said the others are better because of the firmwares. not so. you can use dd-wrt on the gs. yes its cut down, but virtually all of the major reasons we flash the fireware is there and working.
Because for the same price why have a cut down version?

I run a wrt54GL i think its a v1.1 and it has been solid as a rock for the past 3 years. Never missed a beat.

I bought a wrt54GS and it is laying in its box because i lost the receipt. Terrible doesn't come close to it. Just not stable in the slightest. Bump some traffic down it and it just dies. and i still don't think they have realsed an updated firmware **sigh**

But the GL is fine for Nintendo WiFi on both the Wii and DS.

Edit hmm mines might be just a 54G hmm

so I take it this DD-WRT firmware is the best one out for the GL? Also I am getting this router for only £25 new as I have some offer codes I ve yet to spend

Back
Top Bottom