Linus Tech tips

Soldato
I unsubbed a while ago. I was finding that their videos became super clickbaity and over the top.

I previously found their videos to be a good mix of entertainment and informational. Now, they’re more the former.

Maybe I’ve grown out of their style but still a massive MKBHD fan :)

Soldato
I don't sub to LTT, and I'm not sure exactly why, because I really like Linus Sebastian. I think I don't sub simply because I don't want my sub feed to fill up with tech videos to that extent and just partake of an LTT video when I see it on the other recommendations. I find his geek charisma to be really quite charming. The other one I like is Riley Murdock on the Techlinked channel, for similar geekish charisma charm.

It says something that whenever I watch a LTT video, and they do their sponsor shout out bit, I don't immediately try to skip through it on the time bar like I do with every other channel, like this is the ONLY channel I will willingly watch the sponsor bit, and it is because I just simply like the presenters, and each sponsor shout out does seem to be tailored in the moment and not just spliced in. Someone like Jayz2cents I will skip his sponsor bit as fast as possible a)because they are just spliced in stock footage, and b)the shilling just seems that much more obvious, assuming I actually open a Jayz video these days. Weirdly I am still subbed to Jayz. Maybe that's because if I did unsub I would never watch a Jayz video ever again, and sometimes he does release the odd video of interest. Whereas I am comfortable not subbing to LTT because the algorithm knows I like LTT and will show videos which I will click on quite often.

This is my take anyway.

Soldato
I don't sub to LTT, and I'm not sure exactly why, because I really like Linus Sebastian. I think I don't sub simply because I don't want my sub feed to fill up with tech videos to that extent and just partake of an LTT video when I see it on the other recommendations. I find his geek charisma to be really quite charming. The other one I like is Riley Murdock on the Techlinked channel, for similar geekish charisma charm.

It says something that whenever I watch a LTT video, and they do their sponsor shout out bit, I don't immediately try to skip through it on the time bar like I do with every other channel, like this is the ONLY channel I will willingly watch the sponsor bit, and it is because I just simply like the presenters, and each sponsor shout out does seem to be tailored in the moment and not just spliced in. Someone like Jayz2cents I will skip his sponsor bit as fast as possible a)because they are just spliced in stock footage, and b)the shilling just seems that much more obvious, assuming I actually open a Jayz video these days. Weirdly I am still subbed to Jayz. Maybe that's because if I did unsub I would never watch a Jayz video ever again, and sometimes he does release the odd video of interest. Whereas I am comfortable not subbing to LTT because the algorithm knows I like LTT and will show videos which I will click on quite often.

This is my take anyway.
The first time I saw the J2C ifixit advert I nearly spat out my drink, most ads are boring but that first time round was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom