Linux news and mail apps??

Permabanned
Further to a post the other day regarding a simple to run Linux app I got Knoppix working first go, but Ubunto stalled without even installing from CD. If I want to go further my main needs are an e-mail app. I use The Bat! (www.ritlabs.com). I NEED full visual threading of messages, and colourization of messages based on an excellent filter system, plus temlates to enable my most often used replies to be kept in template form. I don't need IMAP, just POP3.

I need a similarly threaded news reader, I use Dialog unders Windows (www.40tude.com/dialog)

I am happy with Firefox as a browser. Other needs are decent cd and dvd writer package, and a means of transferring images from my Sony camera to hard drive.

Any recommendations please? Thanks for reading.

Permabanned
Chris Wilson said:
Further to a post the other day regarding a simple to run Linux app I got Knoppix working first go, but Ubunto stalled without even installing from CD. If I want to go further my main needs are an e-mail app. I use The Bat! (www.ritlabs.com). I NEED full visual threading of messages, and colourization of messages based on an excellent filter system, plus temlates to enable my most often used replies to be kept in template form. I don't need IMAP, just POP3.

I need a similarly threaded news reader, I use Dialog unders Windows (www.40tude.com/dialog)

Thunderbird should do all you need here for both mail and news, if not out the box via extensions.

I am happy with Firefox as a browser.
Linux definitely has Firefox :)

Other needs are decent cd and dvd writer package
K3B or XCD-Roast?

,and a means of transferring images from my Sony camera to hard drive.
USB cable should suffice ;)

Any recommendations please? Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom