Liquid sloshing in AIO cooler

Associate
So I bought a coolermaster seidon 240v to cool my i7 6700k. Shaking the unit, I can hear liquid sloshing about. During aida64 extreme, cpu will get too 89 degrees and start thermal throttling by around 20%, but idles at 30 degrees. Ez tuning overclocked to 4.6 ghz, ambient temp not a problem at around 12 degrees. I heard that there is space in the cooler for the liquid to expand into, but some say that it means its a faulty product. What should I believe, thanks! :)

Caporegime
I'd have thought any water cooling system, custom, aio, or even your car's cooling system, relies on it being bled properly. You don't want an airlock in a sealed fluid system.

I'd be sending it back.

Soldato
It shold be bled properly so audible sloshing doesn't sound like it is... I'd send it back, if a new one comes shake it about and if its the same just get something better, its honestly a bit of a false economy buying the cheaper cooling kit half the time.

Soldato
Thread derail.. Sorry..

Why don't liquid coolers have expansion tanks, like they have on car engine cooling systems?

Maybe the temperature of the coolant doesn't get high enough on a PC, but it should serve to purge any air bubbles?

Associate
Have you mounted it with the tubes at the bottom? some aio's do have a little air in them, a friend of mine got a corsair h75 and mounted it tubes top and it was gurgling constantly, i flipped the radiator to tubes bottom and its been fine since, corsair recommends mounting it this way up in the documentation, but dont explain why.

In theory this is fine for a vertically mounted rad, but i have concerns about mounting them horizontally (which most people will do with 240 ones)

Soldato
I'm guessing with a fully sealed system you can't guarantee there's no air in it, or at least air pockets won't develop over time with out bleeding it periodically?

Back
Top Bottom