Live car chase through LA

Noticed these popping up more on YouTube now. Saw one a couple weeks ago where they cornered him in his car but he had something in hand so was a couple hours before they actually got him out.

What's stopping them from boxing the car in and bringing it to a stop?

What I find weird - some of the US states were starting to use tactics, developed in conjunction with UK law enforcement, of using unmarked vehicles - which would get ahead of the chase where possible and develop a progressively slowing rolling roadblock which then brought the chase to an end and it was working effectively (or in other cases the unmarked cars would just converge seeming out of nowhere and box them in before the fleeing driver realised what was going on) - the US media didn't seem to catch on (or maybe were told not to) and were talking about how passing citizens were helping out, etc. now it seems to have been abandoned.

Obviously not always safe or possible to do in all cases.

On the other hand ASP bring these chases to a quick conclusion more often than not - they do not mess about and some of their drivers are incredibly experienced and trained.

Last edited:
It's a huge place, there's problems some parts are a complete dive like any city, bit I wouldn't say the whole city is messed up.
I follow an instragram called streetpeopleofla or something like that and my god, it's way more widespread that just downtown where it used to be. It's through all the high end places, through hollywood and all the other places that used to be fairly free from it all on the numerous times I have visited. I think now the police just dont do anything though so there is no come back. Stores robbed in daylight and the security just doesn't want to die so lets it. People robbed of watches in broad daylight. Drug addicts literally everywhere. It's sad to see as I loved to visit a lot and friends who live their say it's changed so much the last 2 yrs.

I follow an instragram called streetpeopleofla or something like that and my god, it's way more widespread that just downtown where it used to be. It's through all the high end places, through hollywood and all the other places that used to be fairly free from it all on the numerous times I have visited. I think now the police just dont do anything though so there is no come back. Stores robbed in daylight and the security just doesn't want to die so lets it. People robbed of watches in broad daylight. Drug addicts literally everywhere. It's sad to see as I loved to visit a lot and friends who live their say it's changed so much the last 2 yrs.
Kind of related but not, I was watching a YouTube vid of some guy walking along Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia, absolutely tragic how some people are 'living' life.

Back
Top Bottom