Live for Speed. Large update this weekend

Associate
Well, reasonably large. I know some of you are already following the hype.

Live for Speed (LFS) is recieving a useful update soon, the hype machine on the offical website (link) is working overtime as it counts down the days to the patch with most days bringing a new teasing glimpse into what will be included.

So far we're going to get:

Updated graphics (lots of nice little touches and hopefully some track improvements)

Improved aerodynamic improvements

Improved tyre physics

New track configurations

AND, BMW Sauber have apparently allowed their F1 car to be used.
:cool: (link ) Possibly tieing in with a competition/show/demonstration they may be doing soon with Intel.

Bottom line is, handling will be much improved (less slippy when at slow speeds), graphics will be better, at least one new car and new tracks. And there's still more to be revealed!

Can't wait.

F1SAUBER.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ooooooh! Ahhhhhh!

I would be looking forward to it, but my steering wheel is 100+ miles away at the moment. So i haven't played for months.

Dammit. :(

Soldato
I have to admit to being more of an rFactor fan. Recently however I started using my steering wheel with LFS and completed most of the training sections. I don't think LFS is as good as rFactor but it is still good IMO. One of the downfalls about LFS for me at the moment is the physics. In some training I would find it really hard to control the bleeding car and now I find out that the patch will improve the physics by quite a margin.

All in all I am looking forward to this update and now we have an F1 car in the pipeline, I really can't wait to get back to my student flat and try it out.

Soldato
drunken fool said:
a free patch for S2 licensed users
Yeah, all patches for LFS should be free. The only thing you pay for is the S1, S2 and when it is ready S3 licences. I have to admit I do like how you don't install LFS, merely extract it to a folder and run it. This means you can easily copy patches over the LFS folder, zip it and have the latest patched version all ready for a new install.

Man of Honour
NightSt@lk3r said:
from the ingame sceenshots ive seen and not renders it looks pretty poor

Ah, but it's also one of the best damn sim games out there for realism and sim multiplayer driving action.

I really need to play S2 more, as I bought it when I got my momo wheel, but I've just not got round to getting into it yet, and I know what a fantastic game it is.

Soldato
awesome, hopefully the cars feel less like they are on ice now....

looking forward to this

NightSt@lk3r said:
from the ingame sceenshots ive seen and not renders it looks pretty poor

You could say that about a lot of games. If you go by the screenshots then you are missing out. This is definately the best race sim, and definately the best online racing game I have ever played. Get a full server full of people who know what they are doing, and the racing can be immense

Associate
OP
As much as I like my eye candy, I really like the LFS look. At the moment it doesn't have the more recent shader effects that other (rFactor included) racers have implemented, but in terms of the modelling, look and feel of the cars and tracks I think it quite nice myself. A lot of textures are still lowres as it is still technically a test web release and file size was originally intended to be kept low. I love the damage modelling too :)

I know this is all opinion and personal preference, but what is it you think is poor NightSt@lk3r?

Associate
I'm certainly looking forward to this.
The new tyre physics should make the LX/RAC/FZ a hoot to drive.

The graphics and sound may not be up to the standards of rFactor/GTL/GTR, but this is how the developers wanted it...to make it available to people who don't spend £££s on new hardware every 6 months.

As mentioned above, you really cannot beat LFS for the racing experience. Just the other day I was in a race with a 20+ grid, fought my way into the lead and had some superfast guy on my bootlid until he pitted. I rejoined from my stop just as he was approaching the pit exit and it was a battle into the next turn, a few laps of swapping position and he beat me over the line by 0.03s :(. LFS is the only game I have played that lets you fight so close without dodgy netcode interfering, and the standard of opposition is varied enough for almost everyone to have a good battle online.

Associate
Stellios said:
Bean0, is the OcUK server still used? I never really come online but a few decent races wouldnt go a miss.

We've started getting on regularly again over the past month or so, usually Wednesdays from about 7.30. Theres talk of another Cup shortly as well.

Most meets are arranged on Elks site, not sure if I can post it here but I'm sure you can find it :)

Soldato
I know his site mate, so can find it easily :)

Ill keep my eye open then, try and catch you guys online sometime. I came on when i first bought the game, but i got my rear handed ot me on a plate.

Back
Top Bottom