Live stream football Now TV time delay on different devices?

Associate
Watching the playoffs supporting the mighty Charlton had the whole family round (live in stoke could not get their in time after work) The living room connection via Cat 6 ethernet to PS4 now tv app was a good 15 seconds faster than the ethernet connection cat 6 upstairs to the 8700k 1080ti overclocked 5ghz triple set up. surly it cant be the cable being that slow even though it prob is about 6 meters further through the ceiling and along the wall. Can I do anything to correct this, settings in VM superhub 2 ect? switching the cable connections around or something? I ended up watching it downstairs but found myself going mad with our goals before upstairs people knew due to the delay. There I am cheering madly shouting yessss, while upstairs are watching players line up the freekick lol.

Soldato
It isn't going to be your LAN cabling. There must be a difference between how the client's handle the buffering, that or they're getting their streams from different external sources.

Associate
OP
It isn't going to be your LAN cabling. There must be a difference between how the client's handle the buffering, that or they're getting their streams from different external sources.
Thanks for reply. Not sure about different sources, I would assume (maybe im not correct) that it would have been one stream of data and just duplicated, copied in the hub and sent to the different devices rather than two standalone sets of stream. TBH I`m not sure how that works, perhaps someone can shed a light on this. For the record i switched all the VPN stuff off and it was an official source paid legitimately no Kodi ect So would guess this would be a clean data transfer as direct as possible without any peer to peer business going on.

Soldato
It'll be separate streams.

They'll be some amount of buffering just in case the connection isn't perfect. If the developers haven't implemented the buffering in exactly the same way for every device you'll get different delays.

If you use the same device in both rooms I'd assume that the problem would go away.

Soldato
Thanks for reply. Not sure about different sources, I would assume (maybe im not correct) that it would have been one stream of data and just duplicated, copied in the hub and sent to the different devices rather than two standalone sets of stream.

Nope, that's how multicast works (e.g. BT TV) but Now TV is just streamed to each device independently. Your router doesn't know that the stream going to one device is the same as the stream going to another.

Back
Top Bottom