Liverpool fans face train headache to reach Wembley for FA Cup final

Soldato
This has always been the case if i recall, even bore it's present form.. but I'm talking domestically. The FA cup final was always the last domestic game of the season at 3pm.

I think the FA had promised Capello a 4 week gap between the last game of the domestic season and the start of the Euro's so this is all they could do. I don't agree with it as the FA Cup should be the show piece event of the season.

EDIT: As a Liverpool I just like to clear up that I'm not suggesting its a conspiracy by the world to devalue the FA Cup just because we're in the final! :D

Caporegime
And look who makes his usual cameo only in Liverpool bashing threads, the ____ of the century himself.

Aww ;)

Nobody has claimed it's a conspiracy, it's just terrible scheduling. Even Virgin must be kicking themselves, knowing that they're going to be losing out on so many tickets.

But I'll bet good old train service bureaucracy means they can't shift the schedule for this work, even with the month's warning.

:o on the flip side they have given Liverpool plenty of notice, I fail to believe that the train services didn't know this would the FA Cup final weekend.

Soldato
These threads just show the level of animosity that there is at the moement towards liverpool. Any other club and it wouldn't have made the news or a thread. Take Sunday, if liverpool fans would have messed up a minutes silence like chelsea fans did, it would be plastered over the media and countless threads created on it. To say that around these boards a bigger fuss was made by fans booing evra than what happened on sunday.
As for the train issue just get a bus plenty of time to arrange other means of transport.

Associate
This has always been the case if i recall, even bore it's present form.. but I'm talking domestically. The FA cup final was always the last domestic game of the season at 3pm.

Don't think that's accurate tbh, I remember arsenal beating Chelsea in the cup final 2-0 and there was still a game left in the league to go.

Soldato
So...lets get this striaght. People in this thread are moaning about Liverpool fans moaning when not one Liverpool fan has moaned in this thread ?

Classic.

Caporegime
They won't let them drink on one of those so it had better be a coach. :p

Who cares, next they'll be telling us they're suffering from fixture congestion. Waits for the complaints about playing a second cup final on Tuesday the 8th.

A game against you in the league is a cup final? Haven't we beat you 4 out of the last 4 meetings? 3 times at SB?

Man of Honour
A game against you in the league is a cup final?

I'm just pointing out that you lot probably start moaning as you have play the same game again three days later. Was that not clear enough? ;)

Haven't we beat you 4 out of the last 4 meetings? 3 times at SB?

I presume you’re telling us for some unknown reason. Must be this with Chelsea that is driving you to distraction yet again. :p

Caporegime
I'm just pointing out that you lot probably start moaning as you have play the same game again three days later. Was that not clear enough? ;)

I presume you’re telling us for some unknown reason. Must be this with Chelsea that is driving you to distraction yet again. :p

I doubt we'll moan considering we have no league ambitions, although would be nice if it ruined your 4th spot chances ;)

I was telling you as you referred to the league game as a cup final for us, their is a good chance it'll be like that for you going for fourth. (Thibk we've won 6/8 actually :p)

Oh yeah and bit of irony moaning about close fixtures, isnt that all Chelsea have done the past 2 weeks?

Don
Nobody has claimed it's a conspiracy, it's just terrible scheduling. Even Virgin must be kicking themselves, knowing that they're going to be losing out on so many tickets.

But I'll bet good old train service bureaucracy means they can't shift the schedule for this work, even with the month's warning.

Don't talk sense. Liverpool fans are just complaining for the sake of it!
Serious?

Attendance was 85,731, in a 90,000 seat stadium. I'd hardly call that disgusting!

Chelsea not being able to sell out their allocation is pretty embarrassing tbh. Even Everton managed to sell theirs.

I fail to believe that the train services didn't know this would the FA Cup final weekend.
I'm sure they did realise but they'd have had no idea who would have been in the final. It's only effecting the service between Liverpool and Crewe (iinm) after all.

Soldato
I'm sure they did realise but they'd have had no idea who would have been in the final. It's only effecting the service between Liverpool and Crewe (iinm) after all.

It's that the same section that had derailment on the morning of the Carlin Cup Final? I remember a lot of reds having to make alternative plans at the last minute.

Don
Yea, it's the same section. I can't see it being much of an issue though, most supporters will just head off before 8am anyway.

Soldato
I don't know why this is an issue. Friend of my, Liverpool fan, said they were told several times on the way to semi-final last weekend that there are planned works on railway on cup final weekend.

Back
Top Bottom