Living room - Portable Setup

Associate
I'd probably get the MESHLICIOUS if I wanted a small computer that can go into a cabinet and not overheat. Mesh for days.

Associate
OP
I'd probably get the MESHLICIOUS if I wanted a small computer that can go into a cabinet and not overheat. Mesh for days.

Looks interesting. I’m going to move the pc downstairs and see how it looks with the existing case

Associate
OP
Tried various angles with the existing PC and whilst I can hide it behind the cabinet, its nice on show if that makes sense. Messes with the OCD when it doesn’t look right lol.

I’ve moved it back upstairs connected to the monitor. If anything, I think you’re right and I should make the changes to the CPU and GFX card and go from there. A micro atx build does still tempt me but you’re right, it isn’t cheap.

Associate
OP
That’s her way of saying the divorce papers are already signed :cry:

No but all joking side, unless you can hide it nicely, it does stick out.
Very true
I’ve done digging in relation to the case you recommended and I do quite like it. Ticks all the boxes. I know it wouldn’t fit in the cabinet however it might look more appropriate stood next to the cabinet perhaps lol

Associate
Very true
I’ve done digging in relation to the case you recommended and I do quite like it. Ticks all the boxes. I know it wouldn’t fit in the cabinet however it might look more appropriate stood next to the cabinet perhaps lol
I'll post a budget option for your new setup below. See if you like it.

Associate
This is a good little build all in and gets you a nice upgrade over your current rig.
Do not go A520 chipset, it's not going to be able to handle an 8 core CPU. 5600X made no sense when it's only £30 cheaper than the 5700X.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,139.59 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Man of Honour
This is a good little build all in and gets you a nice upgrade over your current rig.
Do not go A520 chipset, it's not going to be able to handle an 8 core CPU. 5600X made no sense when it's only £30 cheaper than the 5700X.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,139.59 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Nice buid but no memory unless op is reusing his .

Associate
OP
Not bad- I think the white I prefer so might need to adjust the Noctua fans to a different colour possibly.
I do have the EVGA Supernova GS 550W PSU but take it that's not going to be enough now.

In terms of existing RAM. I have Team Group Night Hawk LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit. Not sure if it is worth changing this completely or adding to it

Associate
Not bad- I think the white I prefer so might need to adjust the Noctua fans to a different colour possibly.
I do have the EVGA Supernova GS 550W PSU but take it that's not going to be enough now.

In terms of existing RAM. I have Team Group Night Hawk LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit. Not sure if it is worth changing this completely or adding to it
RAM is cheap and 3000 MT/s isn't quick but if you're on a budget and you're spending money on expensive SFF items, just stick with your current set of RAM sticks.

You can get the Noctua coolers in black if you wanted. You could also get a white 80mm AIO instead.

Associate
OP
RAM is cheap and 3000 MT/s isn't quick but if you're on a budget and you're spending money on expensive SFF items, just stick with your current set of RAM sticks.

You can get the Noctua coolers in black if you wanted. You could also get a white 80mm AIO instead.

Thanks, appreciate it. I have seen a few people using the same AIO I have at the moment which is the NZXT Kraken X52 AIO Water Cooling Unit - 240mm. Tempted to re use it if it can handle the extra temps

Back
Top Bottom