• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Loading times in my games got super slow since putting in new graphics card !

Associate
i put a 6800 in my pc after taking out my 6600xt well games look great they all seem to load super slow, all game play seems ok apart from robocop on steam now gets fatal error which it didn't on 6600 :(
but main issue is loading times which im not sure i was to change any settings anywhere!

appreciate any advice

i put a 6800 in my pc after taking out my 6600xt well games look great they all seem to load super slow, all game play seems ok apart from robocop on steam now gets fatal error which it didn't on 6600 :(
but main issue is loading times which im not sure i was to change any settings anywhere!

appreciate any advice

Have you cleared the previous shader cache ? I would try that, either by using AMDS software(drivers).

To clear the AMD graphics Shader Cache in Windows, follow these steps:

• Open the AMD Radeon Software installed on your PC.
  • Click on the cogwheel or gear icon (Settings menu) in the corner of the program.
  • Click the Graphics tab.
  • Expand Advanced.
  • Scroll down to the Reset Shader Cache option.
  • Click on Perform Reset.
  • Exit AMD Radeon Software when done.

Or you can try looking in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\AMD and deleting the shader cache in there too.

Once the cache is rebuilt for your new GPU it may resolve the issues you are seeing.

Check in GPU-z that the PCI-e bus speed/lanes is correct (you might need to briefly run the render test to make it show correctly) - seen it before where the GPU wasn't inserted properly and only running at like 1x speed, etc.

Have you cleared the previous shader cache ? I would try that, either by using AMDS software(drivers).

To clear the AMD graphics Shader Cache in Windows, follow these steps:

• Open the AMD Radeon Software installed on your PC.
  • Click on the cogwheel or gear icon (Settings menu) in the corner of the program.
  • Click the Graphics tab.
  • Expand Advanced.
  • Scroll down to the Reset Shader Cache option.
  • Click on Perform Reset.
  • Exit AMD Radeon Software when done.

Or you can try looking in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\AMD and deleting the shader cache in there too.

Once the cache is rebuilt for your new GPU it may resolve the issues you are seeing.
thanks for that im trying it now, once in the folder do i delete all the folders in there?

Check in GPU-z that the PCI-e bus speed/lanes is correct (you might need to briefly run the render test to make it show correctly) - seen it before where the GPU wasn't inserted properly and only running at like 1x speed, etc.
thanks :) also going to try this but ive not fully on this so not sure what to look for on the gpu-z to see if speed is right as you say?

thanks :) also going to try this but ive not fully on this so not sure what to look for on the gpu-z to see if speed is right as you say?

On the right hand side of the main screen about half way down it says "Bus Interface" and then something like "PCIe x16 4.0 @ x16 1.1" the bit after the @ will depend on the power saving features and GPU activity if you click on the question mark beside it you can run the render test for a few moments to fully wake up the GPU and it should say something like "@ x16 4.0" if it continues to say something like "@ x4 1.1" or something the GPU might not be inserted properly.

Last edited:
thanks for that im trying it now, once in the folder do i delete all the folders in there?
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache folder.

Delete just the DxCache folder contents should do it. You can also delete contents of any other folder in there with the name Cache in it for example GLCache too.

Last edited:
Update bios and chipset drivers. I would also factory reset your drivers and reinstall. Every time I update my graphics drivers it clears down my shader cache. It looks like the graphics driver reinstall was not done.

Back
Top Bottom