1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log Book help

Discussion in 'Motors' started by :: cmckay ::, 23 May 2006.

1. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

I am in the process of selling my car, however I have noticed that my new log book is missing, however I have the old one which was also supplied with the car (my details arn't on this).

Can any tell me if this will affct selling the car? Will this have to be replaced before it can be sold on?

Thanks

2. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

Anyone?

3. Adz

Capodecina

If the logbook doesn't show your details, presumably it shows the seller's name/address. Shouldn't the seller have sent it off with your details filled in? If not, send it off and you'll get a nice new V5 in the post.

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

4. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

I had the new log book when I bought the car as well as having the old green log book. This one shows the previous two owners and not me as I was on the new one.

5. Scuzi

Man of Honour

I had this problem when selling my previous car. The old log books aren't valid if you've been issued a new V5 IIRC. Call the DVLNI in Coleraine and they will either send you out a new V5 or if you are selling your car, I think they can change the details over the phone and send the new V5 straight to the new owner.

I'm not entirely sure of the process so it might be best to give them a call. Expect a bloody long wait in the telephone queue though :(

6. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

Thanks for that mate, just give them a call and its sorted :)