Logitech G15 Keyboard Pricing

pfk

pfk

Associate
I don't know who to address this to but I’m going to assume it's you Gibbo....

While I realise that OCUK can charge whatever the hell they like for this keyboard I can't help but feel that the £70 price tag is a tad excessive given that it is available elsewhere for almost half the asking price. I won't name any competitors for obvious reasons but is there any chance OCUK could price the product more competitively. Also, is there an ETA for when these keyboards are due back in stock?

You can buy them for between £37 and £45 and you don't need to look hard.

And I'm not talking about some dodgy auction site here, these are all big online computer retailers.

I got mine for £37, but i would pay a lot more than that for these keyboards if that was the normal price because they are excellent.

I had to wait 3 weeks for mine with a competitor.

This came up a couple of weeks ago too and i will say the same thing i said then. the RRP for these things is about £70, There are lots of other places that have these listed for cheaper but i doubt very much you will be able to get one from them. Before buying mine from OCUK i had it on back order with 4 places from the start of this year. When i saw OCUK had them in stock a couple of weeks ago i jumped on it. Got it through within 3 days and more then happy to pay the full price for it.

I'm not shop staff, but having just had a look, pretty much everyone seems to have it as "pre-order", "14 days+ availability", "temporarily unavailable".
Anyone can add an item to their catalogue at a good price if they don't mind keeping customers waiting until they can get the item in and make a profit at that price.

I would guess that OCUK paid top dollar to get them in early (hence the price on the site), but once the supply increases and the prce they are paying drops the price they are selling it for will also drop.

barney said:
This came up a couple of weeks ago too and i will say the same thing i said then. the RRP for these things is about £70, There are lots of other places that have these listed for cheaper but i doubt very much you will be able to get one from them. Before buying mine from OCUK i had it on back order with 4 places from the start of this year. When i saw OCUK had them in stock a couple of weeks ago i jumped on it. Got it through within 3 days and more then happy to pay the full price for it.

There are quite a few retailers with stock who are charging less than £70 but sadly none at £37. I've made a few calls and most of the cheaper retailers are expecting stock in May so like t_aitch I’m going to be in for a long wait.

Also, OCUK no longer has any in stock so presumably anyone ordering it now will have to wait too. While I appreciate that you were willing to pay £70 for an in stock item, I am not, especially when the item is no longer in stock and is available elsewhere for less.

Having said that though, I'm perfectly happy to pay a small premium for the convenience of being able to order an item from a retailer that I can trust but not when it's so grossly uncompetitive on what would appear to be a "hot selling" product.

Werewolf said:
I'm not shop staff, but having just had a look, pretty much everyone seems to have it as "pre-order", "14 days+ availability", "temporarily unavailable".
Anyone can add an item to their catalogue at a good price if they don't mind keeping customers waiting until they can get the item in and make a profit at that price.

I would guess that OCUK paid top dollar to get them in early (hence the price on the site), but once the supply increases and the prce they are paying drops the price they are selling it for will also drop.

If that's the case then I should probably point the blame at the suppliers (rather than OCUK) for not meeting customer demand. Given that many of the other retailers are expecting stock in May would it be unreasonable to expect OCUK to drop their prices?

As i said i had it on back order with 4 different places. All of them started off saying 2-3 weeks, by the end of march (3 months later) they all where still saying 2-3 weeks (and these where large suppliers not just some dodgy small e-shops). I spent a long time trying to get this keyboard and tried a LOT of places with no luck so i really dont blame OCUK for charging the full RRP for something that is in such high demand with such little supply availble (it is apprently the same worldwide and logitech seems to only be shipping small amounts of these keyboards out).

If you can find it cheaper elsewhere i suggest you get it, but dont expect a profit making company to sell something for half the price when they are having no problems selling it at full price :)

Last edited:
I just bought one of these and NOBODY has it in stock, I had to turn to auctions to get mine.

Unless you get it from the states then I think you would be hard pressed to find it anywhere much cheaper than the RRP and in stock. And even then, IF you get one from the states you will have delivery charges, possible import tax and a non UK layout.

I couldnt even get one from the US (either on the net or asking people i know out there to buy it locally and send it over) I even went as far as asking some of my German and Dutch friends to go out and look for it locally for me and they didnt have any luck either (this keyboard is very tricky to get hold of but well worth it :) ).

barney said:
I couldnt even get one from the US (either on the net or asking people i know out there to buy it locally and send it over) I even went as far as asking some of my German and Dutch friends to go out and look for it locally for me and they didnt have any luck either (this keyboard is very tricky to get hold of but well worth it :) ).

It makes me wonder whether Logitech are deliberately restricting the supply of keyboards to artificially keep prices high. They've had 6 months to ramp up production and the situation has changed very little during this time. Securing a UK version of this keyboard at a reasonable price is proving to be quite a challenge but I'm determined to try anyway.

Just checked on our lame mega-online computer store, and they have them. Don't know if you were looking for a UK version in America, but they got Amercian versions here.

thefranklin said:
Just checked on our lame mega-online computer store, and they have them. Don't know if you were looking for a UK version in America, but they got Amercian versions here.

Lame mega-online computer store???? :confused:

I'm looking for the UK version (with the "£" key) in the UK

Back
Top Bottom