Logitech Illuminated Keyboard....

Soldato
So according to my records, I cant believe Ive had this keyboard since.... 2008!!!

And the enter key is playing up... so I think its time to replace it.
Basically it should be the same as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Illuminated-Keyboard-920-001165/dp/B003D075RU

Which I assume is a membrane type? Unless I am wrong?

In the meantime, I am looking for something similar, I would like a flash RGB type keyboard but not essential. Also would like minimum noise/ as silent as possible... So I'm guessing Membrane would be good?

This caught my eye unless there is better that you good folks could recommend?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/rocc...-uk-layout-black-roc-12-352-bk-kb-050-rc.html

Actually I do have an MX518 mouse, and I think its time to replace this too, recommendations appreciated :)

Thanks folks.

Soldato
It's scissor keys, not membrane. There are little pastic clips that bend under each key. I've fixed a couple that went bad over the years.

Also worth noting that (at least) mine isn't great for gaming, as it exhibits key ghosting (some combination of keys dont work).

Logitech is still making low profile keyboards, but I'd get a gaming keyboard. G413, G213, or some such.

As for the mouse, see if you can try a G403, or a G502.

There are loads, also the steelseries rival types. But I like to stick with Logitech.

Soldato
OP
Ok. Thanks .

Honestly I'm not too fussed about sticking with Logitech if it means getting a different brand.

But the key thing is to have keyboard with low click noise. I would welcome your suggestions .

Soldato
Ok. Thanks .

Honestly I'm not too fussed about sticking with Logitech if it means getting a different brand.

But the key thing is to have keyboard with low click noise. I would welcome your suggestions .

Mechs (cherry switches) are noisy in general, so if you want quiet, I'd avoid.

It seems they make the K740, which looks very similar to the old LIK.

There's also the Apple keyboard that you can make 'compatible' with windows. It's a nice keyboard, up to you if you think it's worth the hassle.

Don't know about the rest. Haven't looked at chicklet / membrane keyboards.

As always, make sure they are compatible for gaming, if you plan on gaming with them (notably, key ghosting issues, sturdiness). For example, the K740 has ghosting issues, because, Logitech :(

Soldato
OP
Both arrived today.
The K55 had a massive crack in the casing so straight back to Currys it went.
But now all hooked up and very happy with both.

The K55 is taking a little getting use to since its a different kind of keyboard than the Logitech that I have, but it seems a lot more robust and built for gaming.

And the G403? Amazing transition from the MX518..

So thanks again Olivier!

Man of Honour
I was about to suggest the low profile HAVIT. There do two versions; a regular one with numpad which has a UK layount and and a ten keyless one which doesn't yet have a UK layout.

Soldato
Shame you didnt look around a bit more the Logitech K800 keyboard, wireless is more or less the same keyboard that you originally had. Still on sale although its around £99. Its also got rollover (I think its called) ie the keys light up when your fingers go over the keyboard.

I've had it for a few fair years although I was looking at the K55 recently but there is nothing wrong with the K800. Good grief I`m still using a 2006 Logitech G3 mouse. I've tried a lot of other mice and I cant find one thats more comfortable.

Soldato
Shame you didnt look around a bit more the Logitech K800 keyboard, wireless is more or less the same keyboard that you originally had. Still on sale although its around £99. Its also got rollover (I think its called) ie the keys light up when your fingers go over the keyboard.

That's not what NKRO is, and it doesn't have it. It's not suitable for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom