Logitech Performance MX Replacement

Soldato
I'm still using a Logitech Performance MX mouse, works fine, but looking at replacing potentially. Is it the Logitech Masters range that is the new range of mice that would be a similar replacement?

Associate
Logitech Master range would probably be the modern equivalent of the Performance MX line. That said I wouldn't automatically assume that going from Performance MX to Master MX would be natural as even small variations in the shape of the mouse take time to get used to. I have G903, MX Vertical and MX3 and each has it's own advantages. If you are changing a mouse, this may be a goot opportunity to try out a few.

Soldato
MX Master 2s. I regularly see them on sale for around £45. Just have to buy at the right time.

Just don't get the white one. Impossible to stop it looking grubby.

Last edited:
Associate
Just the other week I went from a performance MX to a G502 X Lightspeed (not the plus with the RGB because I wanted better battery life).

It's a reasonably similar shape, it's certainly comfy enough, the hump isn't as high as the performance MX which I think suits me better, but the tail of the mouse extends a bit deeper into the hand.

It's got lots of extra buttons and still has the infinite scroll wheel. Over 15 days it's used only 25% of its battery so I think I'll get about 2 months out of it on desktop only use.

I don't like the rubber sides, they feel a little sticky rather than grippy at times. I definitely appreciate the weight reduction (165g on the MX down to 100g on the g502 X). The tracking is WAY smoother and better than the performance MX, I actually didn't realise just how bad that was. I think my performance MX didn't like this mousemat though, but it's possibly the increased polling rate.

Anyway, G502 X might be one to check out. I'd wait for some kind of deal on it though, it's definitely overpriced at full retail.

Associate
I used to have a performance mx but have used a g502 wireless for the last 2 years its far better imo.....and the G502x as stated in above post by Asgard would be my choice if I was to buy one today.

Associate
Just charged my g502x for the first time today since I hadn't done so since I bought it (it arrived with ~50% charge). It went from 0% to 100% in about 45mins to 1hr I think, not bad really since the old performance MX would be on charge for about 3 - 4 hours (although latterly I just used an external battery charger and swapped the battery).

One odd thing with the G502x I've noticed is that the battery usage was very linear until 15% (where it was last night). The red LED started to flash, but when I woke up this morning it was at 0%. I'm not sure if the LED stays flashing once you hit 15% even when it's not in use, but it seemed a bit odd to have run down the final 15% so quickly, so I don't know if the charge indication is entirely accurate.

At any rate I'm really pleased with the charging speed, especially if it's only once a month or less. The performance MX would use a battery every week for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom