lol speedtest via poor 3G link on a hospital ward

Soldato
Aye it is pretty poor. I haven't done a speedtest run on my iPhone when using it as a modem yet, but I did try downloading a file from MS just to get a rough idea. Was fairly surprised to see speeds of around 300KB/sec - didn't think this area would give decent speeds at all :)

Soldato
What's wrong with that? It's actually pretty damn good for a 3G connection which theoretically peaks at 384Kb/s, and it's still broadband, just about. It's not THAT bad even on a PC for general browsing, let alone a phone.

Can't you use 3.5G? I get around 1,300Kb/s on my phone, a Nokia N95 8GB on O2, and more when I use it as a modem on my PC.

Man of Honour
Thats pretty decent for mobile internet... I get 48kbit/s most of the time on 2G on mine, and so far everywhere I've tried on "high speed" networks has been 500-1500kbit/s.

Associate
I have a pretty bleak impression of what I think being in hospital is like so please correct me. I imagine not being able to bring, laptops, psp etc, having to sit in bed all day, expensive optional TV cards, limited channels and the sense of being trapped like in prison. I hope not?

Associate
I have a pretty bleak impression of what I think being in hospital is like so please correct me. I imagine not being able to bring, laptops, psp etc, having to sit in bed all day, expensive optional TV cards, limited channels and the sense of being trapped like in prison. I hope not?

Half of thats sounds right, although it depends where you go, although Im not sure Id bring a laptop.

Associate
Hehe, I ended up in a hosptial in Thailand last year and it was amazing, like being in a 5 star hotel only with hot nurses in very short skirts and high heels.

I'm not joking; I had my own huge suite with designer bathroom fixtures, MINI-BAR??!, 32" Samsung LCD etc. I think you will be hard pressed to find a hospital in the UK with an empty bed, let alone one with imported Australian fillet steak on the dinner menu. :p

Next time I go to thailand, I'm hoping to break a leg.

Associate
Hehe, I ended up in a hosptial in Thailand last year and it was amazing, like being in a 5 star hotel only with hot nurses in very short skirts and high heels.

I'm not joking; I had my own huge suite with designer bathroom fixtures, MINI-BAR??!, 32" Samsung LCD etc. I think you will be hard pressed to find a hospital in the UK with an empty bed, let alone one with imported Australian fillet steak on the dinner menu. :p

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!! :)

/JOKE ;)

Soldato
When I was ill in vancouver in september as my insurance was paying I got the largest room they had and even then it wasnt fantastic.

Total bill for the room, $19,000 5 days. Doctors $5,000 Emergency room 700. Ambulance ride $550 And for that, I got a free phone international calls, a 14" TV and wifi at 200kbps. I still cant help but think what sort of hotel room 19k could have got. :D

Permabanned

If it was like prison you'd have all the latest consoles and games, Sky TV, computers, fast broadband the lot. :D

Soldato

Are you sure it wasn't a 5* hotel and you'd paid for the "nurse" optional extra ;)

Back
Top Bottom