Long out of the loop advice needed..

Associate
Afternoon All
Im looking to build a new system for gaming but have been out of the loop for way way too long..." Current system is slowly chugging along at i5-4670K 3.4CPU, Z87-HD3 board, 16gig Ram, RX580 GPU :( " i like the idea of a fresh new build but i am totally blown away with what is out there now hence my visit, if possible i would like some of you to look at my current list and point me in the right direction if things look bleak/laughable or just plain mad, any pointers would be much appreciated.
I could go up to £2000 but that would have to include a 1440P monitor, bigger the better but i havnt looked into this as yet...along with the power supply and cooler which are also undecided.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ £296.25

ASUS ROG Strix B650-A @ £219.98 or the AUS B650-E @ £255.54 offer "not sure of the difference other than the PCIe 4.0/5.0 respectively.

Gigabyte Radeon RX7800XT @ £506.26

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz CL36 @ £94.99

Crucial P3 Plus 2TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 up to 5000MB/s @ £77.45

Thanks

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Associate
OP
The plan is just to game Tetras and nothing more as yet. thanks for the lists guys..

Associate
In this instance, I would take @tamzzy build with @Tetras monitor. However, you should read about them both and decide if you prefer the 32 inch.

However, I would also probably select an ATX motherboard over mATX but that is a personal preference. Again, you decide.

Finally, the Seagate Firecuda is probably the better SSD to the Crucial P3 Plus.

Man of Honour
@Noughtboy would never take a VA monitor as a primary gaming monitor ;)
the smearing when the framerates drop makes everything a blurry mess
i had a va monitor previously, swapped it out quickly as i was getting headaches from it lol...VA is good for TVs, not so much for monitors

also, its a p5 plus, so around a sn850 (non-x) in performance - the p3 plus is qlc, which again, i'd never spec
but tbf, seeing that the firecuda 530 is basically the same price, i'd take the firecuda 530 too lol

Last edited:
Associate
@Noughtboy would never take a VA monitor as a primary gaming monitor ;)
the smearing when the framerates drop makes everything a blurry mess
i had a va monitor previously, swapped it out quickly as i was getting headaches from it lol...VA is good for TVs, not so much for monitors

also, its a p5 plus, so around a sn850 (non-x) in performance - the p3 plus is qlc, which again, i'd never spec
but tbf, seeing that the firecuda 530 is basically the same price, i'd take the firecuda 530 too lol
You are probably correct re the monitor however, I use my AOC 32" VA for trading and gaming and videos 14 hours a day and my eyes haven't popped out of my head. But agree that IPS is generally better.

Misread the Crucial P3/P5... Perhaps I should look to swooping out that monitor then :D

Back
Top Bottom