Longest you've run an ATX PSU?

I run an antec 620w for around 10 years. Changed over to a Corsair RM850x a few years back. I only really change if I upgrade & need the extra power

Still running my EVGA SuperNova P2 750W Platinum after 7 years 11 months. I thought it was ancient but seems there's quite a few more elderly PSU's in this thread. Guess there's still life in the old dog yet!

I've got a pico psu that has been running what originally was an old Llano APU, and few years ago upgraded to a 2400g APU, I guess thats 13 years or so for such a dinky bit of kit. I feel it's time to upgrade to something more for gaming as my boy is older now, but it certainly wont power anything newer. shame

Was having a tidy and found my old ocz 550watt psu, forgot about this.
i had one of those, um 600W or 620w i dont remember. i ended up selling it.
the corsair 620hx is in the cupboard. used it for about 2 years
older version 850hx also in the cupboard used it for 11 years. no probs but just changed it because it was 'old' (2009) to a 850hxi (in use for about 1 year now)
seasonic 750w gold (sold, barely used, but also very good)
antec signature 850w (in the cupboard, made by delta) used it for a couple of years. very good that one.

EVGA 850 P2 - currently using. it's 6+ years old now (leadex platform i believe)

had an absolute fail of a psu from china (think it was called a top power) 1000W nominal but was tested and found to fry itself at about 800W. bad design, very noisy fan profile . um its in the cupboard. from the early naughties about the same time corsair brought out their hx line.

had/have a bit of a psu fetish. especially earlier on in the 2000's the search was for a psu that was relatively silent. we are spoiled for choices these days.
sure have been silly and wasteful with psu purchases...
--
take care of your gear it will last:
"Nah mate you got that golden item, like a washing machine that lasts over 10 years"
washing machine - 20 years. still in use.
air con. - 20 years still in use.
fridge/freezer - 20 years still in use. :)

Last edited:
Still running a Corsair HX620, purchased in 2007, in my PC. I've got the same PSU in my server which I bought 2nd hand in 2011.

I still have one of these not needed to even replace the fan in it.

I purchased from new when it was first released.

I remember watching a video with Jonnyguru and he said a psu if built correctly should have no issues 20-25 years with the only issue being the fan.

Back
Top Bottom