Longest you've run an ATX PSU?

Soldato
I had an Enermax 720watt psu from 2007 was running my 8700k/2080ti system up to only a few months ago :D
Was hard to believe a 2007 PSU still had the right connectors (Two 8 pin connectors) to power a 2080ti :eek:

This is the one I’m still using, she’s a beauty. I opened it up and gave it a nice cleanup and all the caps looked fine. I’ve got a brand new 750w EVGA unit here I was going to use but this enermax is bang on period correct and looks the part. The EVGA will hopefully stay boxed up for years to come haha.

Powering a 2080Ti is impressive though I have to say…!

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve got a PSU from 2014 running my NAS, that was in my last gaming PC. It’s been running 24/7 for the last few years.

It’s an EVGA, I think the OEM is superflower.

Soldato

This is the one I’m still using, she’s a beauty. I opened it up and gave it a nice cleanup and all the caps looked fine. I’ve got a brand new 750w EVGA unit here I was going to use but this enermax is bang on period correct and looks the part. The EVGA will hopefully stay boxed up for years to come haha.

Powering a 2080Ti is impressive though I have to say…!
That the exact same one as i was using :)

I had ialso had it powering a few SLI setups over it life span

The only thing i didn't like about it was the feature it had were it would spin the fan up to high rpms for a few minutes to cool it self down after you have shut down the system

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had an old PC I' used to use as a server kicking about for a while. I haven't even fired it up for a few years but came across it earlier and powered it up to see what was on it. It worked fine but the PSU surprised me:

It's a 650 watt Enermax that I would have bought back in 2001/2002 originally for use with my dual CPU Athlon MP system. I'm amazed it still works, but that ampage on the 12v rail is pathetic too at 24 amps. A modern 650w PSU is what, 50-55 amps or so? :D

Either way, 22-23 years old isn't bad going, although it's not seen much use over the last few years.

Last edited:
Associate
Still rocking a golden Q-Tec 450W... Not :cry: (Though I did have one way back when)

Got a 1000w Silverstone unit in 2013 which got retired last year. Was happily running my main rig with a 3090 in it until it got replaced when I finally upgraded the rest of my PC a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom